Office & the reboot.js error announcment.

OK What if I already have my office install packed into a silent switchless installer I made with 7z switchless installer method. Will I have to unpack everything or can I just use

RunWait( @ScriptDir & "<path to my switchless installer>", "", @SW_HIDE)

instead.

Also will getting rid of this error make the WPI wizard stay open until everything is completely done? Because even with the error everything installs but the GUI for the wizard goes away after the error but the office install is still running and I have to view task manager to see when it finishes before I can reboot.

I have the exact same question?

OK couple of questions first.

How in the heck do you have an UA install of office without an msp?

How much do you know of auto-it?

Yes this method "should" make WPI stay open untill the Office installer finishes.

My exe was re-packed, so the serial is "writen" in the file....

Hi everyone !

I still also cannot get this to work. I am trying to install Office 2007 incl. SP1 Updates inside the Updates folder on Vista SP1 using WPI and the autoit script by Ken (from the first post).

I have tried at least 20 times now in vmware. By now I have increased the sleep time in the script from the initial 10 000 to 1 000 000. Yes, thats one million.

Still, while the setup dialog displays the "installing Updates" message, WPI dies in the background. Each and everytime. I have no idea how to get this to work or how you guys do it. Obviously it has to work for some people otherwise there would be much more interest in this thread ?

Thanks for your help,

Alex

First off its KEL :P

OK last night I did A dual boot setup (MY main PC) With XP\SP3 and Vista\SP1

I have SP1 in the office 2007 updates folder and yes it did install. So the only diff I can see is a single update that is killing it. I have none of the updates AFTER sp1 in there.

As there are now over a dozen updates I don't feel at this time like doing at least a dozen different full live tests :o

Edited by Kelsenellenelvian

Hi midiboy,

I have the same problem. But only when I integrate an IE7-update with nlite into the XP-Installation CD/DVD. The update which causes the problem is KB950759 (or older updates for the IE). Without integrating this update into the installation of WinXP there will be no error during the installation of Office 2007 (SP1 und newer updates are in the update-folder). Maybe this will help.

Vista has this problem too. But there ist no solution for me. I think because of the integrated IE7...

Hi !

@Kel: Sorry for mismatch with the letters :-)

@reini380: Thanks for posting this. Now, we are getting somewhere.Unfortunately, I use Vista exclusivly so I cannot do anything about it. Any ideas how to troubleshoot this ? Anyone ?

Bye,

Alex