Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

XP Service Pack 3 support

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

monohouse

monohouse

Junior

• Pip
  • 99 posts
does nLite work with the latest (beta) XP service pack ? did anyone try it
what are those "performance improvements" in it ? did anyone notice them when they tried it ?

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

Blizz

Blizz
  • 9 posts
Yes it works with sp3 build 3244, it slipstreamed flawlessly and patches seems to work well (tcp/ip, themes, sfc), unattended, options and tweaks seems to work ok also. Only thing I didn't tried is to play with the hotfixes, drivers and components part.

I didn't noticed any speed improvement since I did test it under a virtual machine.

Hope it helps

Blizz

eddie11013

eddie11013

• PipPip
  • 177 posts
My two cents.
Unless you really need to do it, it might be a good idea to wait until the final. Why do I say this. Well, when I tried sp3 build 3205, I had absolutely no problems or issues whatsoever. Period. The computer worked great. However, everytime I tried sp3 rc1, build 3244, it keeps booting me off my Internet connection. I have tried four slightly different setups, but mostly the same as the one I have used for "3205". I was trying different 'addon's and a couple of times I was trying to add some drivers. Net result, I'm back to using "3205", with all the different "addon's" that I was looking for to make work in the first place. Thank goodness for DVD-RW's. LOL. Not to mention the fact I keep seeing posts of folk's having various issues. It is, afterall, still in 'Beta' phase.
That's it. The end.
Good luck in whatever you decide.
Eddie

Nighted

Nighted

Junior

• Pip
  • 52 posts
XP SP3 Build 3244 RC1 here....no problems.

Explorer seems to be more stable. I'll continue to use SP3 from here on.
When you deal with the Devil, don't.

Kelsenellenelvian

Kelsenellenelvian

WPI Guru

• Developer
  • 8,767 posts
I love it!

redxii

redxii

• PipPip
  • 286 posts
SP3 seems stable to me. The only addons I put on it are DX9c redist, KB888111 (minus portcls.sys/mssap.dll), and MU, none of which modify or overwrite any already present system files. I haven't hacked it with TCP/IP tweaks using out of date DLLs or removed any components.

They decided not to include HDA support, which is why I add KB888111.

monohouse

monohouse

Junior

• Pip
  • 99 posts
in regard to "you really need it", maybe not "need it" as in I can't live without it, but yes if it gives a 10% improvement in performance for various kinds of software compared to service pack 0, then I think I need it, don't need the rest of the crap it brings in it's 350MB package, but I will take care of that with the deleted edition if it actually does proove to be faster....

but does it ? did anyone run any tests ?

Nighted

Nighted

Junior

• Pip
  • 52 posts

SP3 seems stable to me. The only addons I put on it are DX9c redist, KB888111 (minus portcls.sys/mssap.dll), and MU, none of which modify or overwrite any already present system files. I haven't hacked it with TCP/IP tweaks using out of date DLLs or removed any components.

They decided not to include HDA support, which is why I add KB888111.

Strange...I couldn't integrate KB888111. It was telling me that it was already part of the package or that it was not compatible. I ended up having to use a new one, KB835221. I have sound, so I'm happy. :)
When you deal with the Devil, don't.

rebelo

rebelo

• 49 posts
what about the serial? did you guys integrated it using the SP2 serial in nlite?

ricktendo

ricktendo

Group: Banned Members

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,298 posts
My gen serial now works fine with the newest SP3 RC1 (it did not work before)

Edited by ricktendo64, 01 December 2007 - 11:14 AM.

redxii

redxii

• PipPip
  • 286 posts

Strange...I couldn't integrate KB888111. It was telling me that it was already part of the package or that it was not compatible. I ended up having to use a new one, KB835221. I have sound, so I'm happy. :)

I created a custom addon for use with RyanVM integrator.

KB835221 is actually older.. the file versions are 5.10.0.5011 where KB888111 is 5.10.1.5013, and it doesn't appear they even have an SP2 package for KB835221.

weEvil

weEvil

n00b

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 944 posts
Can you do unattended setup through nLite for SP3? I read that it does not require a serial to install anymore. Only activation.

If you like to waste money on junk, then buy a CREATIVE® product.

E8400 | P45 | HD4870

by_rom

by_rom
  • 9 posts
Unable to run any kb888111.exe on mashine with winxp sp3 installed,because it says higher version of windows is found.
Therefore unable to install HD Realtek driver and as result I haven't sound.

Kelsenellenelvian

Kelsenellenelvian

WPI Guru

• Developer
  • 8,767 posts
From Ryanvm's forums:

An addon to fix the 888111 problem!

integrate this on your SP3 source.

http://red.caek.org/...io_AddOn_1.0.7z
MD5: 68152827B02DD82D7E685BB25A32393C

Changelog:
- 1.0 Initial release, for SP3 only

by_rom

by_rom
  • 9 posts

QUOTE ("redxii")

Changelog:

I'll check up as integration of sound drivers by Driverpack BASE will react on XPSP3 with kb888111.exe integrated with this method.

neo

neo

Microsoft MVP - Windows Expert Consumer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,251 posts

I have integrated v3244 SP3 manual...it doesn't accept gen XP SP2 product key....If nlite is used to integrate for XP SP3...Will XP SP3 accept XP SP2 product key?

boooggy

boooggy

MSFN Master

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,334 posts

I have integrated v3244 SP3 manual...it doesn't accept gen XP SP2 product key....If nlite is used to integrate for XP SP3...Will XP SP3 accept XP SP2 product key?

it works for me ....but it didnt work with previous versions of sp3

mikesw

mikesw

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 365 posts
Hopefully all the hotfixes, including those you have to call MSoft for for weird problems, and
those for reliability and added capability i.e. the KB888111 will be fully included in SP3. I hate
to start patching the SP3 with all the missing stuff that didn't get included.

Hopefully, wscript v5.7, media player 10/11, mmc, mdac, msxml software packages are also
integrated so that I don't have to load these too. The reason I say this is that they
are somewhere in the I386 directory cab files and not separately in the other sub directories
of the OS install disk. Support tools/deploy tools and remote desktop along with dot.NET are
addons which will have to be done when creating the OS disk.

Is anyone actually keeping track of every patch to be included, the filename and version to make
sure nothing is missed?

Can one do a diff between the unofficial SP3 patch and the MSoft pre-SP3 patch to see what
may be missing?
:unsure:

weEvil

weEvil

n00b

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 944 posts

Works for me. XP Pro SP2 with SP3 RC1 slipstreamed via nLite.

I tried HFSLIP but that gave me issues.

If you like to waste money on junk, then buy a CREATIVE® product.

E8400 | P45 | HD4870

BikinDutchman

BikinDutchman

• PipPip
  • 231 posts
On the Bink forum I found there is a MS white paper here.

It gives at least some information from headquarters about what is included, no .Net, WMP11 and IE7 as far as I can see.

MagicAndre1981

MagicAndre1981

after Windows 7 GA still Vista lover :)

• Patrons
  • 5,955 posts

Donator

replace the pidgen.dll with the one from the sp2
Posted Image

mikesw

mikesw

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 365 posts

On the Bink forum I found there is a MS white paper here.

It gives at least some information from headquarters about what is included, no .Net, WMP11 and IE7 as far as I can see.

Great! I see they will include msxml and mmc. However, nothing on windows script or MDAC though. :angry:

According to the table "Previous released functionality" it categorizes MDAC as MSXML6. Is this true?
I thought they were entirely different from each other.

Of course they'll include BITS and the Msoft installer.

flies

flies
  • 8 posts
Any one has this file:
An addon to fix the 888111 problem!....?

redxii

redxii

• PipPip
  • 286 posts

Any one has this file:
An addon to fix the 888111 problem!....?

The first person to post the link had it correct: http://red.caek.org/...io_AddOn_1.0.7z

You have to right-click the link and copy the location using the browser you can't just highlight it and copy it.

Edited by redxii, 17 December 2007 - 12:24 AM.

jumpfroggy

jumpfroggy
  • 1 posts

From Ryanvm's forums:

An addon to fix the 888111 problem!

integrate this on your SP3 source.

Changelog:

Thank you SO MUCH! I've been pulling out my hair trying to figure out why this wasn't working, I finally realized it was the SP3 slipstream that I had w/o 888111, and the 888111 package wouldn't install due to SP3!!! Moronic. The file you linked from Ryanvm saved me a few more hours of frustration. Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN