Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

winnt.sif problems on a multi-boot DVD.

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

TrAvELAr

TrAvELAr

Junior

• Pip
  • 71 posts
I've built a multi-boot DVD and I cannot get the winnt.sif for unattended installs to work off of the DVD. If I rip an ISO of the directory and install from that (single CD vice the multiboot DVD) things work fine. On the multi-boot, does the winnt.sif still belong in the i386 folder? Since they work on a single ISO, I would think that I have it set up right. Can anyone offer any suggestions on this?

Thanks!

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

flyakite

flyakite

• PipPip
  • 189 posts
No no, the winnt.sif belongs in the boot folder (PRO1, HOM2, etc.) Because when the OS goes to boot it doesn't look in I386 at first, it looks in the boot folder, sees the winnt.sif file, reads it, then goes about it's business. If you keep it in i386 it wouldn't do a thing.

TrAvELAr

TrAvELAr

Junior

• Pip
  • 71 posts

No no, the winnt.sif belongs in the boot folder (PRO1, HOM2, etc.)  Because when the OS goes to boot it doesn't look in I386 at first, it looks in the boot folder, sees the winnt.sif file, reads it, then goes about it's business.  If you keep it in i386 it wouldn't do a thing.

Thank you very much. I figured it was something simple! :)

Cheers!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN