KB905474 - Download

Tomcat76

When I downloaded the Spanish file posted here and tried to install it, it told me it was old :S

Windows Update downloaded this file and installed it.

http://download.windowsupdate.com/msdownlo...d60bfca1212.exe

File Name: WindowsXP-KB905474-ESP-x86.exe

Size: 1,35 MB (1.422.376 bytes)

My OS: WinXP Pro SP3 Spanish

Thanks!

Edited by leass_lp

• 4 weeks later...

Why are people downloading this? You don't need it!!

There are two WGA updates. One allows you to access Windows Update (KB892130). WGAN on the other hand does not give you ANY BENEFIT OR BUG FIX WHATSOEVER. All it does is launch yet another system process which gives MS info on your computer at startup.

I highly recommend to avoid this update.

• 1 month later...
Why are people downloading this? You don't need it!!

There are two WGA updates. One allows you to access Windows Update (KB892130). WGAN on the other hand does not give you ANY BENEFIT OR BUG FIX WHATSOEVER. All it does is launch yet another system process which gives MS info on your computer at startup.

I highly recommend to avoid this update.

Certainly, it doesn't fix anything or gives any benefits but at least you don't get nagged on Windows Update to install this; it's great for completionists like me to have all updates slipstreamed to a WinXP CD. Besides, if you have a valid serial number with activation, WGAN won't launch a SINGLE TIME since it's purpose is to nag & tamper invalid copies. That's more or less why people get this hotfix...

Certainly, it doesn't fix anything or gives any benefits but at least you don't get nagged on Windows Update to install this; it's great for completionists like me to have all updates slipstreamed to a WinXP CD. Besides, if you have a valid serial number with activation, WGAN won't launch a SINGLE TIME since it's purpose is to nag & tamper invalid copies. That's more or less why people get this hotfix...

First off, if you don't want Windows Update to nag you about, then just tell Windows Update to ignore it. It is that simple.

Secondly, it does launch even your copy is valid. Namely, it notoriously phones home to Microsoft, sending them certain data about your computer. The newest version does this every two weeks.

And let's not forget:

it doesn't fix anything or gives any benefits

Period.

Hi all

Merry Christmas

Does anyone have KB905474 version 1.7.62 (English) on their computer? I really need it and can't find it anywhere.

I know Microsoft keeps all versions on their servers so a working ms link would be great.

Thank you!

• 3 months later...

I had trouble integrating latest KB905474 using HFSLIP 1.7.9 beta d. After some testing in a Virtual Machine here's a temporary workaround for dutch version to silence Microsoft Update. Might as well work for other versions.

KB905474 1.9.40.0 Dutch download link: WindowsXP-KB905474-NLD-x86.exe

1. Extract the downloaded KB905474 file using Universal Extractor or using the commandline /X option.

2. Rename the extracted wganotifypackageinner.exe file back to WindowsXP-KB905474-NLD-x86.exe and place the file in your HF folder.

3. Create a new file kb905474.inf in the HFEXPERT\HIVEINSTALL folder.

kb905474.inf

[Version]
Signature = "$Windows NT$"

[DefaultInstall]
AddReg = SETUP

[SETUP]
HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Updates\WgaNotify",,0x10
HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Updates\WgaNotify\SP0",,0x10
HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Updates\WgaNotify\SP0\WgaNotify",,0x10
HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Updates\WgaNotify\SP0\WgaNotify","InstalledDate",0,""
HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Updates\WgaNotify\SP0\WgaNotify","InstalledBy",0,""
HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Updates\WgaNotify\SP0\WgaNotify","Type",0x0,"Update"
HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Updates\WgaNotify\SP0\WgaNotify\Filelist",,0x10
HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Genuine Advantage","EulaState",0x10001,02,00,00,00
HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Genuine Advantage","EulaVersion",0x0,"1.9.40.0"
HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Genuine Advantage","InstallID",0x0,"{30F230D0-7940-499e-8A01-748682288985}"
HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Notify\WgaLogon","InstallEvent",0x0,"1.9.0040.0"
HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Notify\WgaLogon","Event",0x10001,00,00,00,00
HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Notify\WgaLogon","SafeMode",0x10001,01,00,00,00
HKLM,"SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Eventlog\System\WgaNotify",,0x10
HKLM,"SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Eventlog\System\WgaNotify","EventMessageFile",0x20000,"%%SystemRoot%%\System32\spmsg.dll"
HKLM,"SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Eventlog\System\WgaNotify","TypesSupported",0x10001,07,00,00,00

Edited by Acheron

If you want to create an add-on:

1- Unzip the located windowsxp-kb905474-xxx-x86.exe with Winrar or 7z.

2- You'll get wganotifypackageinner.exe. Unzip it.

3- Now, just update this one, unzip it and replace its files with your located ones.

You'll have to rename legitcheckcontrol.dll

4- Rebuild the add-on by compressing files with 7z or with the makecab dos command.