Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

[Poll] Is Vize interesting to people?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Poll: Is Vize interesting to people? (47 member(s) have cast votes)

Is Vize interesting to people? Why people do not post in Vize forums?

1. Voted Yes, Vize is interesting. I think there are not too much posts because Vize is pretty stable and works very well. (30 votes [63.83%])

Percentage of vote: 63.83%

2. No, it is not interesting to people. Most users are still using XP. (6 votes [12.77%])

Percentage of vote: 12.77%

3. Voted No, it is not interesting since Vize does not dramatically improves Vista UI. (11 votes [23.40%])

Percentage of vote: 23.40%

Vote Guests cannot vote

XPero

XPero

Father of XPize / Vize

• Developer
  • 1,912 posts
  • Joined 08-August 04
Just curious about it :)

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

bledd

bledd

msfn is a friend of mine!

• MSFN Sponsor
  • 1,733 posts
  • Joined 24-March 04
personally i don't use it (yet) because i don't trust Vista as much as i trust xp, so don't want to add another possible problem creator..

hope you know what i mean :)

PC_LOAD_LETTER

PC_LOAD_LETTER

Well, I stole something else

• Super Moderator
  • 1,829 posts
  • Joined 13-October 07
I'm glad its in development because Im sure I will use it one day but for now, Vista looks OK in most places. i wish it was better about display large desktop icons (instead of displaying the small version in frame) but really the truth of it is im not familiar enough with Vista to want to start chopping it up yet. but if you wanted to make the login screen artwork look a bit more serious, I'd be tempted. even after changing the background, the user frame and shiny arrow button seem too Fisher Price OS to me (and the arrows on the Ctrl-Alt-Del screen)

I'll install it on my laptop and play with it again but last time I had it installed, I wasnt familiar enough with vista to know what it changed and what was that way out of box.

ricktendo

ricktendo

Group: Banned Members

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,310 posts
  • Joined 06-June 06
Don't have the PC power for Vista yet, but when I do I will definitely use Vista and Vize

weEvil

weEvil

n00b

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 944 posts
  • Joined 21-August 06
If I can skip Vista, then I will. So far I'm using XP and have been very happy with it.

And contrary to popular belief, it is faster than its predecessor! (Windows 2000 Pro)

Also, I have tried it. I currently have 2 PCs in my house that have Vista running. I just haven't gotten around to exterminating the giant bugger. Waiting for XP SP3.

Edited by brucevangeorge, 12 December 2007 - 05:58 PM.

If you like to waste money on junk, then buy a CREATIVE® product.

E8400 | P45 | HD4870

MagicAndre1981

MagicAndre1981

after Windows 7 GA still Vista lover :)

• Patrons
  • 6,161 posts
  • Joined 28-August 05

Donator

[x] Yes, Vize is interesting. I think there are not too much posts because Vize is pretty stable and works very well.

I'm loving Vize and I can't wait when the Offline Integration is finished :)
Posted Image

noegak1

noegak1
  • 9 posts
  • Joined 05-September 07
I'm glad that your developing Vize, many icons in Vista aren't very consistant with the UI and your program makes it more polished. I could of resource hacked the icons myself but it would become a tedious process. I'm also dual-booting with XP so I'm using your XPize too :thumbup

Edited by noegak1, 13 December 2007 - 09:51 PM.

blackspawn

blackspawn

• 36 posts
  • Joined 19-April 06
Humm I can't decide what to vote... eh eh although I think Vize is interesting I don't think that many people are using Vista. And the ones that are probably don't yet feel the "need" to mess with the new O.S. (i.e. it hasn't "settled in" yet so to speak). Starting this kind of customization so soon does have the advantage that when ppl do start tweaking Vista to their delight they will have a much more stable and complete Vize :) (although things seem slow I'm sure it will pick up steam further on).

On the other hand I'm thinking there are probably many ppl out there waiting for XP SP3 (me included) who are perfectly happy with XP and who may never even switch to Vista (depending on how late Windows 7 may come...) and who are eagerly awaiting the new and improved C# Xpize ;)

anonymous_user

anonymous_user

͏͏͏

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 963 posts
  • Joined 25-December 05
Next time I try Vista I will also try Vize.

Nuno Brito

Nuno Brito

.script developer

• PipPip
  • 268 posts
  • Joined 11-May 06
I like the fresh Vista look but I'd rather use a very fast XP than a very slow vista on my machine - don't also see many reasons to upgrade my hardware or buy a Vista license since all my apps run very good as it is and will only look forward over a clean and smooth NT 7 as it was already mentioned by blackspawn.

Nothing to do with Vize - it's a vista matter.

:)
WinBuilder - XP/Vista LiveOS projects
nuno? --> pics

Do you really like Windows PE? Then you should really try pe21.003 - http://www.msfn.org/...howtopic=130308
Very cool project.

Marru_xD

Marru_xD

[Deleted Account]

• Pip
  • 76 posts
  • Joined 08-July 09
Please, XPize for vista!!

I hate the original vista icons and i love XP!

W3bbo

W3bbo

xpize / Vize Project Lead

• Developer
  • 473 posts
  • Joined 14-June 06

Please, XPize for vista!!

I hate the original vista icons and i love XP!

That would be a massive undertaking.
Posted Image

ricktendo

ricktendo

Group: Banned Members

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,310 posts
  • Joined 06-June 06
Just worry about the engine somebody else can make that if they want...a xpize icon pack for vista/7

mimorqleko

mimorqleko

• 15 posts
  • Joined 07-May 08
NONE OF THE ABOVE!

It's a fact that Windows 7 kicks vista's a**... (just check out performance comparisons).
I like XP (in fact I still use it in my old desktop PC), but windows 7 is great... period!! Those of you who are skeptic should really give a try.

It would be great if the vize team starts putting their hands on windows 7... 'cause guess what: the lazy folks at M$ left some "legacy" icons in the new OS.

:thumbup

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users