Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Mc Afee?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

Weed

Weed

U got brainwashed from everyone since u can walk!!

• PipPipPip
  • 381 posts
hello,
i see all ppls r using NAV and no one mcaffe virusscan? :)
i think mcaffe is better :rolleyes:

does anyone have a switch for virusscan 8.0.20 ??
"No one knows our faces, no one knows our Names, we travel like a shadow across the Streets the City, with the target destroyin our Enemies, our Power to brace and in ones night to get the World domination"
"Humans doesnt search the truth, so we compare them like Animals."
"Anyone who dont use there brain and fight for his Freedom, they dont miss it anyway" The Illuminati

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

diesel_98a

diesel_98a

Spurz 4 Life....

• PipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts
i use mcafee 6.0, i have reduced it down from 50+mb to just over 28+mb and i am still slimming it down. it will include both the vscan & firewall. i started by using the .msi /qn for each one and i haven't had a problem yet. i will try and cut it down to the very basic install, at that pt i will post it. i started buy copying the enitre cd to the hard drive & then went looking for the .msi.

diesel_98a

diesel_98a

Spurz 4 Life....

• PipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts
the farthest i could slim down McAfee 6.0 w/ the virusscan & firewall is to 24.6mb & not get any errors. in the $OEM$\$1\Install create a folder called VSC, so it should look like $OEM$\$1\Install\VSC. in the vsc folder create a folder called MFW, it should look like $OEM$\$1\Install\VSC\MFW.

copy these files from the cd to the VSC folder. (On the cd the files are in the VSC folder.)
VScan60.msi
extra
naifiltr (security catalog)
naifiltr (setup info)
uninst.dll
uninst (configuration settings)
setup (configuration settings)
winxp (folder)

copy these files from the cd to the MFW folder. (On the cd the files are in the VSC\MFW.)
MCfire.msi
setup (configuration settings)
extra

then add these lines to the batch file.

ECHO.
ECHO Installing McAfee Virus Scan 6.0...
start /wait %systemdrive%\install\VSC\vscan60.msi /QN
ECHO.
ECHO Installing McAfee Firewall 3.0...
start /wait %systemdrive%\install\VSC\MFW\mcfire.msi /QN
ECHO.

the mcafee might be the last app anyone will want to install. it does require a reboot before it will work correctly. (this is the way i do it: i took the reboot file out of the batch file & i automatically reboot the computer after the install is done from my unattended winxp cd.)

Alanoll

Alanoll

CODE tags people, CODE tags!

• Patrons
  • 5,496 posts
V.8 does'nt use Windows Installer...it uses something else
Welcome to the Forum! Please READ Me!!
Alright, that's it for the site for now. Now on to the next project....which could concievable replace the current site :)

IcemanND

IcemanND

MSFN Junkie

• Super Moderator
  • 3,266 posts
I haven't seen v8 but if its like v7.1 enterprise they use Netopsytems installer. You should be able to do it in similar fashion to the Acrobat Reader 6 installer but I have not had the time to try it yet.

With v7 you had to use Mcafee installation designer in order to make the installer silent.

EelCapone

EelCapone

• 18 posts
If it's McAfee VirusScan enterprise edition v7.1.0 you can use the following method:

1. Unzip the VSE710EN.zip file in a folder
2. Go to a command prompt and enter:
    SETUP.EXE -nos_ne -nos_o"<path>"
    where <path> is the path where you want the MSI file to be extracted (don't forget the quotes)
    where -nos_ne stands for 'extract files, but do not start the setup'
    where -nos_o stands for 'extract files to path....'
3. Add to your batch file the following directives:
    start /wait %SystemDrive%\Install\McAfee\vse710.msi /QB /RunAutoUpdate
    start /wait %ProgramFiles%\Networ~1\Viruss~1\mcupdate.exe

From v7.0 on the installer is a Netopsys setup file, just like Acrobat Reader. I've tried the switches above with Acrobat Reader but for some reason this doesn't work. You'd think that these switches would be the same for Netopsys setup files, regardless of the application it installs :/

According to McAfee's documentation the /RunAutoUpdate should run the McAfee updater as soon as the installer is complete, but I haven't been able to get this to work. Instead, now I use the extra command line calling the MCUPDATE.EXE executable, which will update the engine and DAT files for you.

IcemanND

IcemanND

MSFN Junkie

• Super Moderator
  • 3,266 posts
Thanks EelCapone you probably just saved me a day of work soon.

Alanoll

Alanoll

CODE tags people, CODE tags!

• Patrons
  • 5,496 posts
V8 is more of a HTML installer or something....
it's not a Windows or Netopsystems it looks like
Welcome to the Forum! Please READ Me!!
Alright, that's it for the site for now. Now on to the next project....which could concievable replace the current site :)

brelfielfan

brelfielfan

• 19 posts
I just installed Mcafee 7 enterprise ed by using the recommended windows installer switches in the unattended guide. This is all I did and it didn't reboot or ask for input.
setup.exe /qb REBOOT=Suppress

Intrinsically living vicariously through myself.

ThatGuyPSU

ThatGuyPSU

• 17 posts
For s***s-n-giggles, I emailed tech support to see if they could be of any help. Their initial reply said it couldn't be done. After replying with a question as to why their previous version supported this feature, but an "upgrade" didn't, this is what I received.

----- Original Message -----
To: ThatGuyPSU
Sent: Saturday, May 15, 2004 3:46 AM
Subject: RE: Request for Agent Assistance-#430010455880#-

Dear Todd,

Thank you for contacting McAfee Consumer Online Support. My name is Samuel.  Having reviewed your e-mail regarding installing McAfee VirusScan silently; I would be happy to support you in resolving your issue.

From the task bar click on start -->> search -->> for files and folders -->> search the file  mcappins.exe in the CD.

Now, from the task bar click on start -->> run -->> click to highlight the mcappins.exe file then  while holding the left mouse button drag that file in the run window. Now, hit the space bar key to give a space then type /vsocfg.ini  then hit the enter key.

Thank you for visiting McAfee Online Support. I appreciate the opportunity to support your needs. You may receive a survey asking for your comments on this e-mail experience.  Your feedback will help to ensure that I'm providing the highest quality service possible.

Regards,
Samuel S
Technical Support Agent
McAfee Online Technical Support
JHI1001
===============================================================================

I tried his suggestion, and it worked... all the way till the end when a FINISHED box pops up. :)

Too bad because McAfee runs circles around NAV as far as I'm concerned.

Radimus

Radimus

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 309 posts
Mcafee Internet Security (AV, Firewall, spamkiller, etc):
\MIS.msi REBOOT=r ADDLOCAL=ALL /qb-!

mikepflu

mikepflu
  • 1 posts
So far, I think this might work, but I'm still testing it:

From downloaded files

setup.exe -nos_ne -nos_o"<path>"

put contents of <path> into xpcd\$oem$\$1\McAfee

In RunOnceEx.exe:

REG ADD %KEY%\045 /VE /D "McAfee VirusScan 8.0i" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\045 /V 1 /D "%SystemDrive% \Install\McAfee\vse800.msi /qn /norestart" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\045 /V 2 /D %ProgramFiles%\Networ~1\Viruss~1\mcupdate.exe" /f

I'll update this when I have a chance to test it more...

Pete_VN52

Pete_VN52
  • 1 posts
I did it by adding this to my batch file - I'm sure it's inelegant, but it seems to have worked so far!

ECHO.
ECHO Installing McAfee VirusScan Enterpise 8
ECHO Please wait...
start /wait %SystemDrive%\Install\Applications\VirusScan8.0\Setup.exe /quiet /norestart

ECHO.
ECHO Running SDAT
ECHO Please wait...remember to update to latest SDAT ASAP
start /wait %SystemDrive%\Install\Applications\VirusScan8.0\sd.exe /SILENT

quickduck

quickduck
  • 3 posts
hello, i would ask you what about kaspersky anti-virus personal 5.0 ? does anyone here use it?
i really need the install switchs for it, can anyone help me please?
Thx

Redpig01

Redpig01
  • 1 posts
For Viruscan 8.0i you have to run just like doing the administrative setup (using the /a )for Office 2003 and create a network share point. It copies all the files to that share and than you can copy it to your admin point and use the normal msi packages switches! :thumbup

jquintino

jquintino

• PipPip
  • 139 posts
i didnt do that

i install mcafee 8 grab the decompressed files in the folder tmp..

jquintino

jquintino

• PipPip
  • 139 posts
the msi dont work with switch?

i try but fail

jquintino

jquintino

• PipPip
  • 139 posts
nobody try this product?

its a good av with adware filter and works ....

but silent its to hard

jquintino

jquintino

• PipPip
  • 139 posts
my friends this is it .

im gone insane

well

i create a silent installation with INSTALLATION DESIGNER 8 everything ok.

but when i run on unattended mode the box of msiexec appers . this wit setup.exe or msi file.

i dont no whats appenig

thanks for the help

_d4z

_d4z
  • 1 posts
I got it working fine by installing McAfee installation designer and repacking the setup program

ECHO.
ECHO Installing McAfee VirusScan Enterprise v8.0i
ECHO Please wait...
start /wait %systemdrive%\Install\McAfee\Setup.exe

War_Buddy

War_Buddy
  • 1 posts
Hm.. interesting, i recently came across a mcafee virus scan review at this blog re-views.blogspot.com and it seems pretty good. I am planning to buy it. should i?

1to1

1to1

Junior

• Pip
  • 76 posts
Hi Everybody

Is ther any switch to use with Mcafee FireWall to stop it from asking to reboot at end of the installtion, I tried REBOOT=Suppress, noreboot and norestart but none of them seems to work.

regards

edusnow

edusnow

• 30 posts
"" For Viruscan 8.0i you have to run just like doing the administrative setup (using the /a )for Office 2003 and create a network share point. It copies all the files to that share and than you can copy it to your admin point and use the normal msi packages switches! ""

...it works for me. Setup.exe /a - Then i have one folder install share like c:\mcfeenet - In that share i have a file created by mcfee called setupvse.exe that i run like this,... setupvse.exe /qb ,And it works VERY,...very good. With this switch i see the progress bar, with /qd- the progress bar desapears.

thanks to Redpig01 :thumbup ;)

snow

iranthavan

iranthavan

• 23 posts
the latest install designer even more cool it supress that too working fine for me

tiku009900

tiku009900
  • 6 posts

For s***s-n-giggles, I emailed tech support to see if they could be of any help. Their initial reply said it couldn't be done. After replying with a question as to why their previous version supported this feature, but an "upgrade" didn't, this is what I received.

----- Original Message -----
To: ThatGuyPSU
Sent: Saturday, May 15, 2004 3:46 AM
Subject: RE: Request for Agent Assistance-#430010455880#-

Dear Todd,

Thank you for contacting McAfee Consumer Online Support. My name is Samuel.  Having reviewed your e-mail regarding installing McAfee VirusScan silently; I would be happy to support you in resolving your issue.

From the task bar click on start -->> search -->> for files and folders -->> search the file  mcappins.exe in the CD.

Now, from the task bar click on start -->> run -->> click to highlight the mcappins.exe file then  while holding the left mouse button drag that file in the run window. Now, hit the space bar key to give a space then type /vsocfg.ini  then hit the enter key.

Thank you for visiting McAfee Online Support. I appreciate the opportunity to support your needs. You may receive a survey asking for your comments on this e-mail experience.  Your feedback will help to ensure that I'm providing the highest quality service possible.

Regards,
Samuel S
Technical Support Agent
McAfee Online Technical Support
JHI1001
===============================================================================

I tried his suggestion, and it worked... all the way till the end when a FINISHED box pops up. :realmad:

Too bad because McAfee runs circles around NAV as far as I'm concerned.

U can use the same method for McAfee Virus Scan v10

Just run the setup it will extract files to the temp (don not start the setup)
copy the files from the temp folder n use the same method as above

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN