Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Mc Afee?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

jfmartel

jfmartel

• PipPip
  • 195 posts
  • Joined 01-December 04
It's pretty easy to install it unattended... all documentation is given with the installer.... the usual /qb is working for me once the setup file is uncompressed.

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

GiaPostie

GiaPostie

• 10 posts
  • Joined 08-February 06
Mcafee VirusScan 8I is pretty easy.

Empty your temp folder(%temp%)
Double click Setup.exe. The Setup is extracting the files in a subfolder your temp folder. In my case 'McAfee VirusScan Enterprise 80'

When the installation start you see a msi appear in the subfolder of the temp folder.

Copy the folder to a different location. Cancel the setup.

Now you can use the msi with the parameters:

msiexec /i vse800.msi /qb!- REBOOT=ReallySupress

Gool luck.

MitsuMan

MitsuMan

• PipPip
  • 149 posts
  • Joined 12-March 06
Hello

Anyone have found a way to install Mcafee silent i have v10 and i cant get it to work

i have read alot on this forum. someone please help me.

Mikeee

Mikeee
  • 2 posts
  • Joined 05-June 06
[size=6]
I'm pretty much a novice with this type project but have gotten it to work better than I expected so far BUT...
So far, I've developed an updated Win XP Cd for our origanization which needs to include McAfee 8.0i with its respective updates - this way the new machine will be somewhat protected from the git go. (Once it is booted up then we can install the latest dat file.)
So far I've slipstreamed SP2 and incorporates all of the windows updates thru Aug 06.
I just got McAfee 8.0i and the SDat file to work.
<< see batch file below >>

I've have spent several hours surfing the web looking for a way to include a silent install of Patch 13 in this package with no luck.
Then I need to add the Common Management Agent 3.5.0.513 StandAlone version.

I sure could use some assistance with this.
Does anyone have any suggestions ??

Thanks
Mikeee B)

======= :D >> McAfee install from a CD -- batch file << :D ========
cd../..
d:
cd McAfee\VSE8.0i
Start /wait setup.exe /quiet /norestart
cd ..
Start /wait sdat4843.exe /silent /prompt
REM Start /wait --> patch 13
REM Start /wait --> Common Management Agent 3.5.0.513 StandAlone

songokussm

songokussm
  • 6 posts
  • Joined 12-February 06
none of these methods work on mcafee 2007. its ether version 10 or 11

eirogge

eirogge

www.eirogge.de

• PipPip
  • 218 posts
  • Joined 07-February 04

none of these methods work on mcafee 2007. its ether version 10 or 11

The problem is people are talking about the enterprise version of McAfee AntiVirus, which uses Windows Installer, while the "desktop" versions use a proprietary installer by McAfee based on the Internet Explorer ActiveX-Control ( :ph34r: ).

I quote myself from this thread: http://www.msfn.org/...showtopic=81248, maybe it helps.

Here is what I've done:

1) Copy the MPF, MSC und VSO directories from .\en-US\Apps on the CD to a directory of your choice
2) Open install.ini in each of them and get the silent switch from general\installparam
3) Use this switch to install :)

(e.g. for Personal Firewall it will be "mcinst.exe /DoNotDeleteSetupFiles mpfmain.inf /install")

---------------------------

The only problem I have is, that when I use it in an unattended installation SecurityCenter tells me my activation status could not be verified.

I could not find any solution for this. I think it is because I'm not prompted to enter my account information, but I could not find an appropriate menu for this.

Any information on this?

Greetings.
Best regards, Rogge

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users