I have been working (on-and-off) on usb storage driver pack for windows 95B/C ... It is currently only half complete and has quite a bit more work to get it completed. Nevertheless, it is a working pack.
I am requesting windows 95 testers who wishes to try out this pack to provide feedback and help me improve it. The drivers itself was collected from the web and tested for suitability & compatibility. The current driver files has been modified to point to USBSTOR in registry.
1. Driver support for any bulk only devices including pendrives and most usb hdds.
2. Driver support for usb fdd. Driver configuration adjusted for stable operation (avoid BSODs).
3. Systray device removal utility (finally completed and working as intended).
1. Driver collection/testing for specific CB/CBI devices, such as cd/r/rw.
2. Driver compatible/vid/pid inclusion once confirmed working.
1. Tested with a bunch of pendrives of all sizes. I believe 99% of all pendrives will work here.
2. Tested with external usb hdd based by myson CS8818 chipset. YMMV here.
3. Tested with a bunch of generic flash card readers. Some card readers that uses CB/CBI is still not working.
4. Special usb fdd config support. Took quite some time to figure out how to stabilize usb fdd driver.
. Only one instance of usb fdd device can work at any one time. Multiple instance was not tested.
1. USB 2.0 - unless there's a working driver this looks very dim ...
2. Usb device authentication - Haven't figured that one out yet ...
3. Usb device with specific CB/CBI support - in progress but no time frame set ...
I am attaching the systray usb removal utility on the next thread for testing on win9x platform. It is intended for windows 95 but has been tested to work on all win9x system. On windows 95, specific device class ID (usb,diskdrive,cdrom) needs to be added to the registry for it to work (included with the utility). Please report any issues with it.
USBSTR95.EXE : Usb storage driver pack for windows 95 (Beta 1)
USBSTR95.exe 195.88KB 382 downloads