Using frames

This should do the trick for ya. It's very bare-bones so you'll need to tailor the rest of it to your needs.

urlframe.htm

<frameset rows=150,*><frame src=top.htm></frame><frame name=btm src=bottom.htm></frame></frameset>

top.htm

<form onsubmit='parent.btm.location="http://"+url.value;'><input name=url><input type=submit value=go></form>

bottom.htm

Empty frame - will show entered url

Edited by Chozo4

haha, big trouble? lucky me i have an administrative account at school and all websites are unblocked :)

Yes, lucky lucky you. sigh. However, here everything passes through squid, and it's all blocked for everyone, even the teachers and administrators. One irony is the "Acceptable use policy" thing says you MUST take all necessary steps to prevent someone from accessing your account, yet we can't* lock the workstations!! <_<

I on the other hand have a normal student account, though with power user rights. We use novell, which is really messed up. I do however have access to the local administrator account on all the machines, and that password happens to also be the BIOS password. I wasn't supposed to know it, but the physics teacher knew it and i was trying to fix a computer, asked him if he could put in the BIOS config password if he knew it, and instead of entering it himself, he just said 'The admin password for all of them is ******' Well. OK then... :rolleyes: I still don't know the novell password. I really need to talk to the it guys, but the problem when you're in a school district with many thousands of kids and only one central IT office is that you never really get a chance to talk to them. It does mean that there aren't enough techs to go around, thus I am sometimes given extra credit for fixing computer for people. :D

*Well, we can in windows 2000 with a shortcut to rundll32.exe User32.dll, LockWorkStation, and in XP to tsdiscon. But they don't know that. :ph34r: