What is "Flat menu" in the tweaks section.

Martin H

Instead of having to reinstall just to check this out(my PC has to little RAM to use WMvare propperly), then i would really be gratefull if someone could please tell me what the tweak about 'Flat' or 'Normal' menus as menu style is about ? I'm using classic style and want to disable everything related to eye-candy and visual effects, so as to save resources and RAM usage, but i don't know if i should select 'Flat' or 'Normal' under this tweak, as i don't know which of these settings turn the eye-candy off and uses least amount of RAM ? I'm on WinXP-Pro-SP2 with classic style.

Thank's in advance.

The link r3incarnat0r kindly posted features perfectly clear screen-shoots of flat vs. normal menus. The difference is that normal menus has a thin black edge at the right side and at the bottom side, so that it gets a 3D look, while the flat menu is simply just a plain menu without that thin black edge, so that it dosen't look like a 3D menu, but just a plain flat menu.

Very nice tweak, as i much prefer the flat menu style :) (The default menu style in classic theme is 'normal')

Edited by Martin H

The difference is that normal menus has a thin black edge at the right side and at the bottom side
I didn't have my high powered magnifying lens on at the time.

Gee, can barely tell the difference.

Edited by videobruce