Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

CD Image Problems

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

adamsmith

adamsmith
  • 5 posts
Hi, I have created a multiboot DVD ISO image which works fine until the image size get bigger than 2.1 GB (approx) in size.

Installations that worked before didn't work after the size became bigger than that. Generally the error that occured during an OS installation was an error stating that the system couldn't find a previous version of windows even though it is a full version. (This happend on Win2003, WinXp, Win2000). When the extra files that I put on was removed the reimaged ISOminstallations work fine again

I understand that sometimes there is issues when using cdimage.exe on large ISO files. Can anyone recommend using anything else?

Than

Adam Smith

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

secotton

secotton
  • 8 posts
I'm working on a DVD image as well, using Virutal PC 5 to test it out first. I was doing alright until the image got larger (over 2 GB or so). I've been playing around with it, and it seems if you arrange the way the folders are in order (alphabetical) it helps. It seems that it creates the image in order of folder name. I don't know if this is right, but it seems to be working now for me.

The DVD i'm working on will have 2K Pro, Server, Adv. Server, XP Home, Pro, 2003 Web, Standard, Enterprise, Red Hat Linux 9, and maybe SuSE Live Eval 8, and Winternals ERD.

Good Luck :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN