installation stops at 0%

black_13

I have just downloaded and installed vlite and created an install iso.

the iso boots fine but at the point of showing that its copying files it stays at

Expanding files (0%) is there something I may have missed when using vlite?

thanks

black_13

post-77431-1199380627_thumb.jpg

Edited by black_13

Often, mine does that. I'm not sure why it stays at 0%, but it is working. Let it sit there for awhile - it can take quite a while, depending on the size of the installation and the speed of the HDD and DVD you are installing to/from. Go watch a movie, if it's still at 0% and not doing anything, then maybe you really have a problem.

EDIT: just for clarification, it seems it is only the percentage counter that is broken for me, nothing else.

Edited by DrewWinters

The previous poster was correct. I just needed to wait a while ... a long while but once it starts it does speed up.

Also this install was on Microsofts VM that may have something to do with the speed of the install.

thanks

black_13

For me, it would sit at "Copying Windows Files" for only a second or two before checking that off and moving to "expanding files," where it would sit at 0% for 10 minutes or so and then start progressing normally.

In other words, it seems to be sitting at 0% on "Expanding Files" while it is actually still copying the files over. At least, that's my guess. No idea why it would do that though...

For me, it would sit at "Copying Windows Files" for only a second or two before checking that off and moving to "expanding files," where it would sit at 0% for 10 minutes or so and then start progressing normally.

In other words, it seems to be sitting at 0% on "Expanding Files" while it is actually still copying the files over. At least, that's my guess. No idea why it would do that though...

Same here.Im guessing it depends on the image size.For example the regular RTM build starts the progress ~2-3min sooner than the vLited one.So if you integrate a lot of stuff then naturally it takes longer to extract it to HDD.Also in VM the whole process goes even slower(escpecially if the PC does not have Virtualization hardware support)