How to install a Theme?

babis

Homer, I'm going to try and help you once and for all. I'm going to try to make this as simple as possible.

DOWNLOAD THIS FILE

Unzip it, run it, and reboot.

After you reboot you'll see a new theme.

Then, you can go to http://www.themexp.org and download any theme you like. When you download a theme, unzip it to C:\Windows\Resources\Themes\

Now, right-click on your desktop and go to properties. Then change themes as you normally would.

This is as easy as i can possibly make it for you. I hope it helps.

its ok its my falt just instealled it anit downloaded a them its wicked its like glass the windows cool or what.

as u are the only one that can help me how do u bulid them please pm me if ya can cheers

its ok its my falt just instealled it anit downloaded a them its wicked its like glass the windows cool or what.

Yep, wasn't that hard was it? It never hurts to try, and its something you should do in future.

as u are the only one that can help me how do u bulid them please pm me if ya can cheers

You build themes using Style Builder

You'll need some imaging skills (Photoshop, Paintshop, whatever..). I've never tried, but i'm sure it's not easy.

i got a theme i like un ziped it to there then went to chage theme and its not there????

so i went to C:\Windows\Resources\Themes\ and thought i would doulbe click on it ans that didnt work. so what shell i do ?

Themes should be unzipped to their own sub-directory. For example, if your theme is named "Sedative", then it should be unzipped to C:\Windows\Resources\Themes\Sedative

like this...

theme1.jpg

the "Windows Visual Style File" is the one you want. You can either double-click on it or change your theme through Display Properties. like this...

theme2.jpg

I hope this finally clears everything up :)

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

i dont know about you guys but when i double click on the windows visual styles file it just brings be to the display window but makes no change and the theme is not inplace i even extracted it to the windoes/Resources folder and it still dosent work