Need help integrating device drivers

ernesto

Greetings.

I am using nlite to crate an unattended XPCD with device drivers slipstreamed for a new F8SA laptop. The integration and installation proceeded smmothly, but upon bootup, i noticed two devices were not properly installed.

1. Motorola SM56 modem

The culprit appears to be a missing README.HTM file, which was not found in the NLDRV folder on the nlite CD. If I copy the file over to the NLDRV folder and edit the TXTSETUP.SIF file adding the readme.htm entry, the new nlite CD will install the modem properly.

For your info, LICENSE.HTM was copied over to the NLDRV folder, but README.HTM was left out.

Are there any settings in nlite that could have caused this rather strange behavior? and how to get around this problem?

2. ATI HD2600 Catalyst 7.12

There is an error message in the device manager "This device cannot start [code10]", and the adapter would only work after pressing the update driver button. Checked the registry and all the relevant entries were present,. Drivers files were also copied to the system folders . Just wouldn't start.

I use the Driversheaven modified inf for installation, so this is an unsigned driver. But the WINNT.SIF file contains the two ignore Drivers Policy entries which I thought would take care of such issues.

DriverSigningPolicy=Ignore

NonDriverSigningPolicy=Ignore

Would appreciate any help. Thank you.

post-156588-1199444065_thumb.jpg

post-156588-1199444087_thumb.jpg

post-156588-1199444122_thumb.jpg

post-156588-1199444113_thumb.jpg

LAST_SESSION.INI

Edited by ernesto

Greetings nuhi.

i would appreciate if you could kindly take a look at these problems. They were rather straight forward device drivers integration using inf, but did not work somehow.

Just couldn't figure out why the readme.htm file was left out while the license.htm file was copied over. Could it be a nlite bug?

In the case of Calalyst driver, are there extra steps that need to be taken?

Thanks and best regards.

• 4 weeks later...

Yes it does skip readme files because usually drivers don't copy them. Why on earth that one does is a question. But I will see if it's possible to add that back, depending how will multiple of same filenames in different folders behave.

What about this modified Ati driver, does it work when updating manually and only not when integrated or you're trying to debug the modified INF in general?

Thanks nuhi. Appreciate your help.

The ATI driver would not function if integrated, but will work after I click the update driver option in the device manager. The driver will also work if installed using setup.

I am not doing any debugging.

Got the similar report with modified nVidia INF, must be some limitation during installation, not sure about that.

Since every driver is treated the same and others work I'll have to skip this one, I hope you don't mind.