Vista 4GB Fix

Razorwing

Hello,

I seem to be having problems with this fix, i have both the fix itself and i have ticked the 4GB fix within vLite.

But during setup, the installation seems to crash or blue screen with the same messages which are normally produced without the fix being applied.

I was wondering if i am doing something wrong or no.

RazorWing

I presume you pressed Apply and applied the changes before making the iso, it showed integrating that hotfix and so on?

Is that 32 or 64bit Vista? Users with 64bit Vista and this issue reported that the fix didn't help them. Only one said that raising the DDR voltage in the bios did (together with the fix?).

I'm having the same issue with 64-bit Vista, vLite 1.1 RC, and 4GB of RAM.

Interestingly, with vLite 1.1 beta 2, all I had to do was integrate the hotfix and it worked. Installs could complete with no issues on 4GB of RAM.

I have not tried integrating the hotfix using vLite 1.1 RC, leaving the "4GB fix" option unchecked, but this would be a good experiment to try.

Without extra fix it is identical to the old version in that regard. So maybe you changed the voltage then or it's pure luck since it is a hardware issue.

If it works without the fix it would be helpful to try it once again with the fix without changing anything else.

I just tryed to install vista on my main machine with 8GB of Memory. The first part of the setup works without any errors, but when it restarts and you have that blackscreen with the green bar going across before you get the second setup screen which completes setup, it seems to either hang, restart or even shutdown the computer without any warning. I have attempted to manually set the memory timings as well as increase the voltage in 0.25 incruments up to 1.0 volt over the recommended voltage and made no difference to the setup process. By taking all my memory out but leaving 2GB in, it continued and completed successfully so i think there may still be a problem with the 4GB fix.

Edited by Razorwing