Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

DriverForge v5.0! - An Automatic Driver Installer

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
147 replies to this topic

kickarse

kickarse

the free techie

• PipPip
  • 227 posts
  • Joined 26-April 05

good job for DriverForge, I'm just trying with driverpack and it's seems to run great.
What about Check_For_Wizard_Title in .ini ? I must replace english text to my localized french native language ? If yes, can you post screenshot of what text replace ?

Yes you would take out what's there now and localize it to your own language.

Please let me know what features you'd like to be added. We'll see if we can't add them for you.

Ability to scan in parent dir sub folders for compressed drivers in said sub folders.

I can do that :)

How can I use the Post_Script Feature?

My Script will started with

C:\WINDOWS\CSCRIPT.EXE C:\NETINST\postinst.js

What are the Post_Script Settings for that? What is important?

Add it C:\Netint\postinst.js to the Switches part of the section. So Post_Script_Switches=C:\Netint\postinst.js
http://drop.io/wanderingit -- download DriverGeek (formally DriverForge) and FindHWIDS

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

kickarse

kickarse

the free techie

• PipPip
  • 227 posts
  • Joined 26-April 05
v.5 - 2009-06-12

+ Fixed issues with DevicePath registry settings, will revert back to original location previous to DriverForge installation
- Removed Pre and Post scripts, users can do that with a batch and automation
- Fixed GUI wording
+ Added an option to add default Windows DevicePath to registry
+ Made all files install to Temp folder
+ Fixed edit code to delete all installed temp files

I'll be releasing the code shortly.
http://drop.io/wanderingit -- download DriverGeek (formally DriverForge) and FindHWIDS

n00b

n00b

• PipPip
  • 137 posts
  • Joined 18-January 04
For some reason this program hangs after the driver install on the image my company uses, anyone know where to start troubleshooting?

IcemanND

IcemanND

MSFN Junkie

• Super Moderator
  • 3,266 posts
  • Joined 24-September 03
CAn you be more specific on where it hangs and how you are using it exactly?

ndutyme

ndutyme
  • 3 posts
  • Joined 18-May 04
Please forgive me if this should be obvious, but my Windows skills are a bit rusty :)

I am using DriverForge v5, and I downloaded all the latest driverpacks from http://driverpacks.n...verpacks/latest and put them in the same directory.
I run DriverForge and point it to my folder with all the 7zipped driverpacks, and set the output to a folder on the hard drive.
Then the 7zip pop-up window says it had an error opening every drivepack that it tried to open, so of course no drivers are installed.

Do I need to download a 7zip.dll or .exe to be able to unarchive these driverpacks?
Or should I just install 7zip and unarchive all the drivers manually to one directoy?

Thanks in advance for anyone's help (and for not flamming me).

IcemanND

IcemanND

MSFN Junkie

• Super Moderator
  • 3,266 posts
  • Joined 24-September 03
No you should not need to have anything for 7zip installed. I just tested it and had no problems.

Does your path already exist that you entered for the "Path to uncompressed driver files location"?

Flaming is highly frowned upon here, so it would be extremely bad form for a MOD to do it, besides, everyone has some problem every now and then, from the simple "I should have seen that" to the overly complicated.

eblackhorse

eblackhorse
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 09-August 09

So far only tested in Windows XP Professional - English. Should work mostly in any language and Windows 2000, 2003. Supposedly works in Vista, works in LiveXP.

It tested with Windows XP; Home and Professional and worked 100 time without a signal issue but Never worked on Windows Vista 32bit. I tested on Windows VISTA Home and Vista Business.
DriverForge starts and seems to be working normally for a few seconds but closes itself without messages after about 1 minuets. please help. we can test you any version on Vista.

Thanks.

IcemanND

IcemanND

MSFN Junkie

• Super Moderator
  • 3,266 posts
  • Joined 24-September 03
In Vista, Right click on DriverForge and select Run as Administrator

ndutyme

ndutyme
  • 3 posts
  • Joined 18-May 04

No you should not need to have anything for 7zip installed. I just tested it and had no problems.

Does your path already exist that you entered for the "Path to uncompressed driver files location"?

The path to the uncompressed driver files location did not exist before. I just now tried creating a folder on C: named "drivers" and used that in DriverForge, but got same result.
I wonder if something is wrong with the 10 driver zip files I downloaded. Do you know of another place I could get them all, or is http://driverpacks.n...verpacks/latest the only place?

Complete details: I downloaded DriverForge v5 to a folder on my thumb drive named "DriverForge". I also downloaded all the 10 driverpacks from the above link and put them in the same folder on the thumb drive. I create a folder on the C": drive called "drivers". When I run DriverForge from the thumb drive, I tell it the path to the uncompressed drivers = C:\drivers, the path to the compressed drivers = E:\DriverForge. Then I still get the 7zip pop-up window with an error message (0 through 9) for each 7zip driverpack file saying "Can not open file'._DP_CPU_wnt5_5_..." et cetera.

Flaming is highly frowned upon here, so it would be extremely bad form for a MOD to do it, besides, everyone has some problem every now and then, from the simple "I should have seen that" to the overly complicated.

Thanks! It is much appreciated :thumbup

Edited by ndutyme, 10 August 2009 - 01:01 PM.

IcemanND

IcemanND

MSFN Junkie

• Super Moderator
  • 3,266 posts
  • Joined 24-September 03
Driverpacks.net is the only place I know of to get the packs from.

The process you are going through is identical to what I do except I have put the compressed drivers into a folder on my thumbdrive for organization purposes.

As a test I just perform a test on a clean buiild, no 7-zip installed, driverforge and 12 dirverpacks at the root of a UFD, set uncompressed drivers to c:\drivers (not pre-created), set compressed drivers to root of UFD, hit start and away it went.

I would lean towards you having corrupt driverpacks or driverforge executable.

If you install 7-zip can you manually extract the ten driverpacks to c:\drivers?

ZEUS__

ZEUS__

• PipPip
  • 194 posts
  • Joined 03-January 08
is there a way to translate it different language?
Champion

Posted Image

MyKey0815

MyKey0815
  • 6 posts
  • Joined 18-September 03
Hello,

I have downloaded the newest nightsly of Sound-Packs (DP_Sound_A_wnt5_x86-32_90902.7z and DP_Sound_B_wnt5_x86-32_90903.7z). I want to use DriverForge to install the drivers in a unattended setup procedure of Windows XP SP3 (German).

DriverForge detect and want to install "C-Media AC97 Audio Device" and bring up a message box to confirm.

Can someone say, what ist wrong? Is it possible to install the Soundcard without the prompting message box?

Thank you for your help

Michael

Guimenez

Guimenez

Junior

• Pip
  • 64 posts
  • Joined 14-February 04
Please, can anyone explain me how to use this great program?

i compiled the program with autoit
i put the driverpacks drivers uncopressed in one folder called driver
then i run the program

and how can i make the program install the drivers on my computer

thanks

IcemanND

IcemanND

MSFN Junkie

• Super Moderator
  • 3,266 posts
  • Joined 24-September 03
Shouldn't need to compile, source for DriverForge is not available last i knew.

Guimenez

Guimenez

Junior

• Pip
  • 64 posts
  • Joined 14-February 04
Sorry, i was downloading another program, i forgot do scrool down :D
many thanks

it will be possible to speed up the process to find the hardware?
it take for about 8 minutes searching for the drivers before starting the installation.

I have in my root usb disk the driverforge and a folder called drivers (with driverpacks inside)

What is the path that i put in the driverforge without changing every time i use in another pc, i've try it only "drivers" but doesn't work.
i need to search every time for the drivers folder before start

thanks

Congratulations for this great software, it works 100%

Edited by Guimenez, 12 January 2010 - 03:04 AM.

kickarse

kickarse

the free techie

• PipPip
  • 227 posts
  • Joined 26-April 05
Hey guys Df has been depreciated and a new piece of software has been built from the ground up based on my work on FindHWIDS.

http://drop.io/wanderingit - click on DriverGeek

Angel Blue01

Angel Blue01

• PipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Joined 03-May 05
I'm just wondering if how DriverGeek is coming. I'd love compatibility with Windows Vista/7 x64 and the latest driver packs for the NT6 line from driverpacks.net :)

Guimenez

Guimenez

Junior

• Pip
  • 64 posts
  • Joined 14-February 04
Hi

i'm trying to use drivergeek, but it doesn't install some drivers, but if i run driverforge with
the same drivers, it install everthing

What can i do?

thanks

Rogon3

Rogon3

Junior

• Pip
  • 50 posts
  • Joined 22-February 04
I need something right sample dgconfig.ini.

For my bad English, I don't understand how to write right paths in dgconfig.ini.

With my bad english, I understand like below.Is this right or wrong?

I want to use DriverPacks.net files and make them into 7zip SFX file, is it possible?

[Main]

RunSilent=1

Reboot=0

ShowDeviceManager=1

DPInstPath=C:\DOCUME~1\Admin\LOCALS~1\Temp\drivergeek\bin

AcceptEula=1

[Drivers]

DriverSearchPaths=C:\DRV

ScanScriptDir=1

DriverSearchDrives=D:\|CDROM|REMOVABLE

CompressedDriversPath=C:\DRV
ExtractDriversPath=C:\DOCUME~1\Admin\LOCALS~1\Temp\drivergeek\drivers

cdusseau

cdusseau

• 33 posts
  • Joined 30-September 10
Maybe I am missing something, but Drivergeek is grabbing some of the drivers and ignoring some others.

I know the ones I have hosted on the network work, because I can manually point the device to them and they work fine. Think of any reason why this is?

I've even tried putting all the drivers onto a usb key but it just looks at them and ignores them. I can manually install them, but that defeats the goal here.

Edited by cdusseau, 06 October 2010 - 03:45 PM.

gabmatrix

gabmatrix
  • 2 posts
  • Joined 19-September 05
Hi there!

Me too, DriverGeek doesn't find all drivers that DriverForge used to find. It just picks some and ignore some...

Let us know if you can fix this issue!

Thanks for the great tool nonetheless!

Escorpiom

Escorpiom

Junior

• Pip
  • 89 posts
  • Joined 18-January 09
Last Active:
May 02 2010 07:53 PM

He might not come back, more than six months not online. Too bad.

wimb

wimb

• Developer
  • 679 posts
  • Joined 21-March 07
In Portable Windows 7 PE I used with succes dpinst.exe combined with dpinst.xml to update and install all missing drivers.
As source I used wn6-x86 DriverPacks extracted to 1.5 GB folder x86 on portable 2.5 inch USB-HDD drive

In this case DriverGeek (driverguru) failed to install all drivers.

See post #236 in
http://www.911cd.net...ic=23931&st=220

Edited by wimb, 13 December 2010 - 03:06 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users