Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

[Desktops] 2008

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

Kenrevo

Kenrevo
  • Members
  • 2 posts
Windows Vista Ultimate SP1
Theme: VistaOSX '09 Dowload: http://www.vistaosx.net/

Large:
http://kenrevo.devia...sktop-103060858

Attached Files

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

Nerwin

Nerwin

Photographer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,821 posts

So, this is my desktop... No Transform Packs, no programs, only MS Royale theme and patched Uxtheme.dll! :thumbup
Posted Image

Have enough Icons? :P

And mine.. Wrote down info in screenshot..

Had to set jpeg quality to 22, because of single upload size limit on forum =(

I like very simple desktop, and gray everything gui is a must.
This is how it looks upon finished windows installing.

Suggestions to improvements welcome.

Very nice! Impressive! Very clean! Very perfect!

Here's my XP desktop -
Windowblinds Black theme...
Objectdock...
VTP 8...

Wow... I love that background, is there a Way I can get that background? Its just looks soo beautiful!

x-Shadow-x

x-Shadow-x

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 356 posts
Bah, I dont have to many icons, I can unhide the rest and there is no space left. New pic.

http://i35.tinypic.com/35ho1as.jpg

x-Shadow-x

x-Shadow-x

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 356 posts

Wow... I love that background, is there a Way I can get that background? Its just looks soo beautiful!

Here you go mate.
http://i34.tinypic.com/2laueiq.jpg

PC_LOAD_LETTER

PC_LOAD_LETTER

Well, I stole something else

• Super Moderator
  • 1,829 posts
that is a "pretty pattern" on your desktop Idontwantspam. I know this isnt a Poll, but if it was, i would definitely vote for that wallpaper. :)

http://i33.tinypic.com/258vwaw.png
http://i35.tinypic.com/30089pl.png

P.S. i moved you post into this thread x-Shadow-x (its not October anymore :))

hyde

hyde

• Members
  • 16 posts

I don't think it is necessary to have a new thread every month for desktop screenshots, so ill create this one for 2008. Hopefully people will use this one for all 2008 desktop screenshots.

Well, here is my current desktop.

Posted Image

Hey friend can you tell me which theme have you applied or provide me with the link. :hello:

Nerwin

Nerwin

Photographer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,821 posts

Here you go mate.
http://i34.tinypic.com/2laueiq.jpg

Thanks man! Its soo good :)

snakecracker

snakecracker
  • Members
  • 8 posts
:thumbup

Posted Image

lilkid

lilkid

• Members
  • 12 posts
Please note if you didnt read rules

Please do not post screenshots within threads that exceed 300x200 in resolution and 150kb in size. Provide a link to the image and host it on your own web space if possible. Always keep in mind we have several members on 56k and loading a thread with a few large screenshots can be quite slow for them.

Not following this rule could be ended in a ban

snakecracker

snakecracker
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Please do not post screenshots within threads that exceed 300x200 in resolution and 150kb in size. Provide a link to the image and host it on your own web space if possible. Always keep in mind we have several members on 56k and loading a thread with a few large screenshots can be quite slow for them.

is this to me??
cause i have post it on a different site.

lilkid

lilkid

• Members
  • 12 posts

is this to me??
cause i have post it on a different site.

No

Everyone

Idontwantspam

Idontwantspam

Nerd-in-Chief

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,063 posts
Um, nobody's violating that rule in this thread. And umm you don't look like a moderator to me, so just curious, why are you suddenly telling us about this for no reason?

PC_LOAD_LETTER

PC_LOAD_LETTER

Well, I stole something else

• Super Moderator
  • 1,829 posts
ok just to stop this 300x200 nonsense right here:
any post asking for full desktop screenshots will contain pictures bigger than 300x200. thats just common sense.

now in this particular instance a moderator (me) posted 2 1920x1200 images prior to this little spat. Moderators don't just enforce the rules, we follow them so technically I would have to i would first have to ban myself which would prevent me from logging in and banning you and i think just about every other moderator has at one time posted an image larger than 300x200 so they would all have to ban themselves prior to attempting to ban you. so i think you'll be safe posting larger than 300x200 screenshots in threads specifically requesting large pictures.

CoffeeFiend

CoffeeFiend

Coffee Aficionado

• Super Moderator
  • 5,399 posts

any post asking for full desktop screenshots will contain pictures bigger than 300x200. thats just common sense.

Applying common sense? What's this world coming down to? I must have woken up in a parallel universe this morning :huh:

300x200 is a truly great resolution to show your desktop, just see mine (Vista, taskbar on auto-hide, sidebar hidden, black background):

Posted Image*

Besides, I don't see why anyone would expect large images in a thread related to screenshots.

(My sarcasm meter is reading off the scale, it must be broken or something!)

* Fine print: not an actual screenshot

Idontwantspam

Idontwantspam

Nerd-in-Chief

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,063 posts
Omigosh, Crahak I just love your background!! Can you send me a full resolution copy of it? It's the perfect balance of nothingness!

Thanks for clearing up the confusion, Geek. ;)

Zxian

Zxian

Scroll up - see the Google bar?

• Super Moderator
  • 5,066 posts
Posted Image
3360x1050 - 34KB

New dual monitor setup at work... much better than a single big screen IMO. :)

ryuko

ryuko

• Members
  • 27 posts
not that good but i made the whole thing in HTML just a simple task browser on bottom left with more comeing i just removed the menu bar and the icons and tada , not that good b ut it was fun to make :rolleyes:

Posted Image

cluberti

cluberti

Gustatus similis pullus

• Supervisor
  • 11,247 posts

ok just to stop this 300x200 nonsense right here:

Fixed that for you. We've codified common sense about it now.

3. Do not post screenshots within threads that exceed 300x200 pixels in resolution and 150kB in size. Provide a link to the image and host it on your own web space, if possible. Always keep in mind we have several members on 56kbps connections and loading a thread with a few large screenshots can be quite slow for them. The only exceptions to this rule are threads specifically for images, for example the Windows Desktops Screenshots forum or the "Post Pictures and Specifications of your computer" thread in the hardware forum.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN