Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Windows XP driver locator Guide

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

PC_LOAD_LETTER

PC_LOAD_LETTER

Well, I stole something else

• Super Moderator
  • 1,829 posts
  • Joined 13-October 07

PLEASE NOTE
This post has been replaced by an entry in the compiled sticky FAQ HERE.

I have noticed an increasing number of people requesting drivers for Windows XP because they want to migrate away from Windows Vista for whatever reason. (wont get into that here)

Only a few people have been able to provide all the information needed to help them locate the drivers they need for their XP Build. Sometimes we can hunt down a driver with only the make/model of the machine but in truth more information is required to find the best drivers. Therefore I have decided to make a post with instructions on how to get information about your system to the MSFN community so they can help you find drivers. In the process of getting them the information, you may get enough information to locate the drivers on your own.

Download and extract Unknown Devices on the machine you are looking for drivers for.

If you have Internet access on the machine you are looking for drivers for:
Run UnknownDevices.exe then click List->Show->All
Attached File  ukd1.jpg   133.04KB   276 downloads

Then click List->Upload list to pastebin
Attached File  ukd2.jpg   132.71KB   67 downloads

Enter a comment if you like and hit upload
Attached File  ukd3.jpg   119.44KB   71 downloads

a page like this one will open -just close that and paste the link into your post here at MSFN (it will be copied automatically)

If you do not have Internet access on the machine you are looking for drivers for:

Run UnknownDevices.exe then click List->Show->All
Attached File  ukd1.jpg   133.04KB   276 downloads

Then click List->Save list to file
Attached File  ukd4.jpg   95.12KB   27 downloads

Save the list
Attached File  ukd6.jpg   55.97KB   29 downloads

VERY IMPORTANT Open the text file and remove your product key or change it to something totally different as i have done here:
Computer Info
	Chipset: <unknown>
	Computer Name: FOURBYFOUR
	Product Key...
		AAAAA-BBBBB-CCCCC-DDDDD-EEEEE
Device Tree
	Bluetooth Devices
		Bluetooth Bus Enumerator
		Kensington Bluetooth Device
			 Kensington Bluetooth Device

Now either upload the text file in your post or paste its contents into a new topic

Please do not reply to this thread with your results. Only reply to this post with Problems/Questions/Comments on this information gathering process. To get the best possible assistance with locating your needed drivers, Please create a new post in whatever your target OS will be (ie XP 32Bit Edition XP 64Bit Edition, or XP Media Center, etc)

Edited by Mr Snrub, 10 August 2008 - 12:56 AM.
Post rertired, replaced by entry in the read-only sticky FAQ

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

linoc

linoc
  • 5 posts
  • Joined 17-January 08
Hi!

Be good if your post had a link to where all the drivers (& add-on's) are

This site is so busy with very old threads (most not related to current versions etc) even with search it's hard to find what us newbies are looking for.

If you have a link to CURRENT Nlite 1.4 instuctions (pref for MCE) can you advise please. Been searchin for 4 days now and can't find a current guide

Cheers!

babrali

babrali
  • 4 posts
  • Joined 22-January 08
I cannot find the drivers of

"FUJITSU MHX2250BT"

for windows XP.
Vista has no problems detecting.

The problem is I am having a hard time getting XP to know that my Sony VGN-FZ240E has this hard disk drive

any help is appreciated :)

Attached Files

PC_LOAD_LETTER

PC_LOAD_LETTER

Well, I stole something else

• Super Moderator
  • 1,829 posts
  • Joined 13-October 07

Please do not reply to this thread with your results. Only reply to this post with Problems/Questions/Comments on this information gathering process. To get the best possible assistance with locating your needed drivers, Please create a new post in whatever your target OS will be (ie XP 32Bit Edition XP 64Bit Edition, or XP Media Center, etc)

gypsysoul3

gypsysoul3
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 24-March 08
When following the advice to run UnknownDevices.exe, I received the message that windows cannot find UnknownDevices.exe Any help is appreciated. thank you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users