How to activate a SATA hdd, without loosing data?

Messerchmitt Bf 109

Hello,

I am using a XP home edition on my PC and i have this problem. The system (with drivers instaled) is able to see my SATA disks, but in Computer management / disk management i must "activate" this disks. I know from a bad experience that activation it is a death sentence for existed data!

The OS is on a IDE disk, is perfect installed, no wrong drivers or else.

There is a metod to make that hdd work without loosing to many data from my SATA's?

TNX!

Edited by Luft_waffe_ss

Do you have RAID activated on your SATA controller ?

Also there were tons of more intelligent choices for a member name. :huh:

Got my words. The whole worldwar 2 evening is 63 years ahead. So why using such a stupid nick?

My word: The German border is in Google earth 12,3 miles from my home and I've had never issues

with Germans.

I don't like it at all and maybe these are my words, but I should say this.

Yes....

When i have a problem, i find a lot of people, not so smart to help me, but so pride to think that they are so smart to can judge my nick name. I it is just a nick name! Dot!

It's not a natzy nick.. it is a military one. If you are a son of Israel, be happy, becouse i am happy 4 you, you are so inspired with you cartoon nickname. So mature!

Remember:

History is important, help us not to do same mistakes!

I believe you should read the forum rules. That's regarding your username. As for your issue, we'd like to know (as Ponch suggested) if those hard-disks were set up in some kind of RAID array before. The more info you provide us with, the more we can help you.

No, no RAID setting is enable! Not in bios,but, if there is a setting in XP, i don't know were to find it!

When i am opening disk management, i can see the hdd's, but is foreign. To use them, i must "convert to basic" them! But the next step is a window who inform me that convert to basic is a permanet lose of data option. And so it is, i try it some time ago! I can move a IDE hdd how many time i whant, from a PC to other,what is this s*** with SATA? Why is not the same. It locks like a step back!

I will read the forum rulers, but i can bet that if my nick it was US NAVY, RAF or ISRAEL AIR FORCE nobody jump around! (Later edit: i read the rules, nothing from m.p.o.v. so I asked the administrator! )

,, The real danger is not evil, is the stupidity and ignorance of good people." Confucius

P.S. Please, do not give me the "install VISTA" solution! I need some soft that is not working in Vista!

Edited by Luft_waffe_ss

It sound like you have some dynamic disks. This helped me

http://technet2.microsoft.com/windowsserve...3.mspx?mfr=true

That duidn't point to where I thought it would.

Just click on foriegn disk.

Accually all you should have to do is right click on the drive in disk managment

and click on import foriegn disk

Edited by jbm