Disable XP SFC/WFP (Works With SP3)

Please read your post again...my name was never mentioned, ...

http://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=600928

Wrong
Credit goes to Neowinian on neowin.net forums for the solution:

Just to shed some light on this misunderstanding: "Neowinian" ist *not* his name, it's a "member level" on neowin.net just like "Newbie", "Member", "Advanced Member" etc. are on msfn.org.

So what you thought was his name was NOT AT ALL his name... and for him of course, it "obviously" just meant "some member from neowin.net" and he can not be expected to see what you thought...

Honest mistake, I'd say, but still on your part...

What I find ironic is you are taking credit for the solution when as someone else pointed out that Microsoft released it. Your accusing me of not giving credit when you are the one guilty of it.
I don't know the spec but if some mechanism is "documented" that is not at all the same as some working patch. Now you're being unreasonably unfriendly IMHO...

Anybody got final sp3 patched sfc_os.dll ? Or better: a simple patcher like "Windows File Protection Switcher" for sp3? Windows File Protection Switcher is no longer working since SP3.

Edited by Tribble

To permanently disable Windows File Protection - Windows XP Pro SP3 (5.1.2600.3264)

Without using the registry.

At offset EC84, replace 83F89D7508 by 3BC0EB3290

Thanks dude. I can confirm that this works also on XP SP3 CZ final.

• 4 months later...
  • 5 years later...
  • 8 years later...
On 1/12/2008 at 4:41 PM, jdoe said:

For those who were using my patched SFC_OS.DLL (WFP disabled permanently without dealing with the registry) just post the latest SFC_OS.DLL from SP3 and I'll patch it.

I'm curious to see how Microsoft did try to avoid us from disabling it this time :lol:

I know this thread is 13 years old but hey, if your offer is still open, maybe you could patch the files from win11?

One is from the system32 folder, the other os from the Wow64.

Thanks in advance

sfc win11 unpatched.zip