XP RAID0 BSOD Intel QX6850 - $50 for answer!

binaryjunk

Cluberti/Zxian How does $25 each sound? It seems like both of your contributions helped out tremendously! IM me with your email addresses and I will pay soon (next paycheck).

If you were curious and for the benefit of anyone who is in the same boat. with nLite, I didn't select the RAID controller.. I only selected the bottom option that said ICH9R (but it was for the ACHI, not the RAID). The one above it said ICH8x/ICH9x RAID... I did both and it seemed to work.

Just to confirm the DVD issue, after I installed windows, I put the SATA dvd drive and got a BSOD after the Windows logo, put the HDs on 1,2 and the DVD on 4 and it worked great... Had to shuffle them around. I wouldn't have gotten this to work w/o you both THANK YOU!!!! :wub:

If I wanted money, I'd be charging for this already :). Keep it and spend it on a night out or something.

I'm not so sure that this is memory related.

Just to illustrate how sometimes the memory is possible in weird cases. I have a friend who has an Intel Q6600 with the ASUS P5N-E SLI motherboard and 2 x 1GB Corsair TwinX DDR2. The system would randomly BSOD for no apparent reason until it was discovered that other people with similar combinations of motherboard / memory had similar issues. The fix was to manually set the tRAC memory timing to 22. Goes to show sometimes, anything's possible.

The fix was to manually set the tRAC memory timing to 22.

tRAS I presume you are talking about? That’s high, even if you have the timings on 5-5-5 or 6-6-6. I would blame Asus for tight chipset timings...

If I wanted money, I'd be charging for this already. Keep it and spend it on a night out or something.

No - get that feel-good feeling by donating to your local Breast Cancer Support Group. Every little helps.

Thanks

Edited by Valerie

The fix was to manually set the tRAC memory timing to 22.

tRAS I presume you are talking about? That’s high, even if you have the timings on 5-5-5 or 6-6-6. I would blame Asus for tight chipset timings...

No, I meant what I wrote. tRAC. tRAC is the Row Access Time. tRAS is the Row Active Time. tRAS for that memory is at 12.

The memory is sold as having 5-5-5-12 timings and a command rate of 2T. Unfortunately, they only define the tCL, tRCD, tRP and tRAS. Other timings such as tRAC are not published by the manufacturers.

@binaryjunk - Like cluberti, I'd never do charge for services over a forum like this. I'll do it in person, but that's usually because the people I'm talking to can't tell a molex adaptor from a hole in the ground.