cant get past install loop - so close

chewwinxp2

Trying for Fully Unattended. Using WinXP SP2 disk. w/ Sata Raid 0 array, on a MSI K8N Neo 2 Platinum MB

Going on to a raw (D-ban 1.07 wiped) raid array.

Setup array, bootable and healthy.

I followed directions, but I cannot figure out what I am missing or messing up. Here is what I've tried and the results :

Integrated sata/raid drivers from MSI website, integrated drivers from help thread, integrated drivers from nvidia 5.11 drivers appropriate folder. (each attempt a fresh copy of winxp cd)

Results = CD goes through setup to the point where it says "starting windows" , then it says it sees indistinguishable drives or raw drives, setup has fixed this problem, will continue. Then on reboot, it says i have no hard drives installed.

also tried : same as above, but with OEM option on Unattended page set to disabled. Results = setup sees raid array, formats it ntfs (after i select that of course), then finsihes copying setup files, reboots, and the whole process continues in a loop, until i stop it. If I remove CD, when computer reboots, It hangs during boot sequence (right after screen displays Boot from CD).

My Bios settings are good and correct. Have not changed them. I have also verified I can just install as normal, using win xp disk, and a usb floppy w/appropriate drivers. That of course, was not the point of this excercise :D I have tried every option i found listed on the help thread concerning slipstreaming sata raid drivers into the mix, each time per instructions and on a fresh go. What am I doing wrong, I am up for some Q&A to figure it out ?

Dave

Hello again. Is there any advice for this ? Or, is the answer that, sometimes integration of the sata/raid parts won't work, even if you do it "right"? I read the excellent post Fernando made on this very subject, the sticky, I still cant get it to work that way. The rest of it all, being able to take all the crap out of windows that I do not want, is awesome. Thank you very much for all the work on NLite.

-D

i have a similar issue, but not in a raid setup... all my hotfixes i have in my svcpack are nlited into my xp sp2 cd and i made the iso via cdimage.exe as i always done mu unatteanded cd's. but after the initial setup, the part where it finishes the file copying, it gets stuck in a setup is being restarted loop reboot after it restarts