nod32 v3.0.621 silent install problems

hi there, I´ve been trying to get the nod32 v3.0.621 silent install with WPI running but with no success, here is the code I use:

msiexec.exe /i "%WPIPATH%\Install\NOD32_3.0.621\eavbe_nt32_enu_30621.msi" /qb /cfg=%WPIPATH%\Install\NOD32_3.0.621\gbmNOD32v3settings.xml

if anyone can tell what am I doing wrong would vey much appreciate it. thanks.

PS first I get the windows installer window which shows me the aveilable commands (I tried most of them, nothing happens), then WPI just quits giving an error report about the install process :wacko:

I also tried the /silen /passive switches with no success...

I don't know what happening when you run your command. Do you get any error message?

To find out which step(s) in installation process fail I would try to run this MSI in 3 steps:

1. msiexec.exe /i "%WPIPATH%\Install\NOD32_3.0.621\eavbe_nt32_enu_30621.msi" (without any switches) if it works, go to step 2.

2. msiexec.exe /i "%WPIPATH%\Install\NOD32_3.0.621\eavbe_nt32_enu_30621.msi" /qn. if it works too, go to step 3.

3. msiexec.exe /i "%WPIPATH%\Install\NOD32_3.0.621\eavbe_nt32_enu_30621.msi" /qn /cfg=%WPIPATH%\Install\NOD32_3.0.621\gbmNOD32v3settings.xml

If it still doesn't work, put </l* c:\eavbe.log> in the end of your command to find out what's happening when Msiexec.exe trying to install that MSI-file.

The switches for NOD32 changed from version 2 to version 3.

I asume that this should work:

msiexec.exe /i "%WPIPATH%\Install\NOD32_3.0.621\eavbe_nt32_enu_30621.msi" /qb! ADMINCFG=%WPIPATH%\Install\NOD32_3.0.621\gbmNOD32v3settings.xml

Here is the RunOnceEX commands I use.

REG ADD %KEY%\100 /VE /D "ESET NOD32 Smart Security 3.0.621" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\100 /V 2 /D "%systemdrive%\install\ESET\ess_nt32_enu.msi /qb! REBOOT=ReallySuppress ADMINCFG=%systemdrive%\Install\ESET\gbmNOD32v3settings.xml" /f

Parameters for ESET Smart Security and ESET NOD32 Antivirus should be typed after the name of the MSI

installation package (e.g. ea_nt64_ENU.msi /qn):

• /qn

Quiet installation mode – no dialog windows are displayed.

• /qb!

No user intervention is possible, but the process of installation is indicated by a progress bar.

• REBOOT="ReallySuppress"

Suppresses restart after the installation of the program.

• REBOOT="Force"

Automatically reboots after the installation.

• REBOOTPROMPT =""

After the installation, a dialog window prompting the user to confirm rebooting is displayed (can’t be used along with /qn).

• ADMINCFG=”path_to_xml_file”

During the installation, parameters defined in the specified XML files are applied for the client solutions ESET. The parameter is not required for remote installation. Installation packages contain their own XML conigurations, which are applied automatically.

Insert the desired XML configuration created in the ESET Configuration Editor and named cfg.xml to the directory where the downloaded installer is located. If you run the installer, it will automatically adopt configuration from cfg.xml. In case the XML configuration file has a different name, or it is located somewhere else, the parameter ADMINCFG=”path_to_xml_file”can be used. (for example ess_nt32_enu.msi ADMINCFG=”\\server\xml\settings.xml” to apply configuration stored on a network drive).

thanks everyone, I finally got it working, the tested syntax is this:

msiexec.exe /i %WPIPATH%\Install\NOD32_3.0.621\eavbe_nt32_enu_30621.msi /qb! REBOOT="ReallySuppress" ADMINCFG=%WPIPATH%\Install\NOD32_3.0.621\gbmNOD32v3settings.xml

thanks again

• 1 month later...

THAAAAANNNNNKKKKKKKKK YOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU HELO!