Original Songs  

3 members have voted

1. 1. These tunes

• Stink
    • Don't stink too bad
    • Sounds pretty good
    • Are awesome for lame-o musicians
    • Dude! Why did you start this topic?

Maybe not necessarily appropriate as a Topic in this forum, but I loved writing and performing, so...

You may or may not like any of them, but to each their own. Criticism/comments appreciated.

JusTus tunes

Warning! Lyrics and/or Music may be harmful to your sense of decency and/or sanity.

Go ahead... hurt my feelings! :P

(the "website" ain't that big of a deal)

Edit - Forgot to mention this is a MySpace Artist profile (vs Standard Profile)...

You have to actually click on the player and then click on a song. It doesn't automatically start playing or randomize (I turned those off).

No software is installed on your computer; it "runs" on the Server...

Edit#2 - Disclaimer -

I neither endorse nor recommend any "items" displayed at the top of the "website" which are out of my control. If I could figure out how to get my 3d-party Firewall to allow access, I would just put it on my own PC. I assure you, my/our songs are not for commercial gain. The link provided and the topic/poll were strictly for critical opinions and suggestions.

Thank you...

Edited by submix8c

Originals Song list -

x 01 J Sooner Or Later

x 02 J Dealin' With Disaster

*03 S I Need Love (Matrix Version)

*04 J On Through The Night

x 05 J Angel b***h

x 06 J Gypsy Song (Long Way To Go)

*07 S I Won't See You Again

x 08 J Tyrants Unthroned

x 09 J Carry On

*10 J Daggers And Darts

x 11 J I'm Your Believer

x 12 J Chain Reaction

x 13 J Say You're Mine

x 14 J Another Night (Without You)

*15 S I'll Hold On

Asterisk indicates recorded in studio, otherwise recorded in basement. All were performed by JusTus, with the exception of the Matrix version (a group I had engineered for, photo appended to song) that I had given permission to perform. I have the JusTus version, but liked Matrix' more. Photos appended to JusTus songs were taken in front of the Thrift Shop around the corner, hence the "album" name.

The "J" indicates written by the Guitarist/Vocalist, the "S" I (the Bassist/BackupVox) wrote. We tried to keep the Drummer silently behind us.

The JusTus logo was spray-painted onto the basement wall so you can get an idea why those recordings would be rough (note the "balanced" scales). There were only three of us (photo on the left) so I was a bit "busy" trying to simultaneously play Bass and mix (with old cheesy equipment). Made it real rough for me when we "gigged".

I considered the Studio mixes to be "not half bad". They were chosen for Studio recording since they had the least curse words. Some others recorded in the Basement were pretty decent and "upbeat", but we hadn't quite gotten the "groove" down.

We were "on our way" to becoming a "real band" when the Guitarist committed "sideways" over the girl he wrote (most of) the songs about. Can someone say "Kurt Cobain"? He left two beautiful little girls and an "Angel b***h" behind.

I now own the rights to all of the above songs (plus a few more never recorded).

I suppose I should clarify the initial post; "constructive" criticism/comments appreciated. It doesn't have to be your "style" to appreciate them or not.

Enough posting on my own "topic"... just replying to the Honorable tain. Other info on "website" (ha ha!).

(p.s. most female "friends" listed are young nieces, so don't get any ideas...)

HA! that song's title!!! :lol: (left as-is)

• 1 year later...

FWIW, any musicians (or others) interested in having a copy/performing any of them, just PM me and I'll get it/them to you. I would really hate to see these songs languish in the dust...

Moderators may move this to General Discussion if need be.