wats best software tho rip music

spidercop

Your posting contains too little information. Do you want to rip your CD's as fast as possible without any concern regarding the quality of your rip, or do you want to rip them as accurate as possible? Do you want to rip your CD's lossless or can it be lossy? Do you have a format in mind and if so, which and why? Do you want to rip your CD's directly into this specific format or rip them to your hard disk first as WAV-file and then later convert them into the final format of your choice (in case WAV-file is not the final format which you prefer)?

I personally use Exact Audio Copy (EAC for short) to rip my CD's to WAV-files on my hard disk, afterwhich I use dBpowerAMP to convert the WAV-files to both FLAC-files (highest compression) as well as MP3-files (highest bitrate). I use my FLAC-copies as backups of my original CD's. The MP3-files are simply meant for my MP3-player, home cinema set, et cetera. EAC is freeware. dBpowerAMP is not, but it's worth the small fee which it costs in my humble opinion. You don't need to use dBpowerAMP though, as it uses LAME to encode to MP3-files for example and you can obtain LAME free of charge.