Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Computer starts automatically after hibernate

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

rumbata

rumbata
  • 2 posts
  • Joined 30-January 08
I'm using Windows Vista business and cannot put my PC to hibernate. When I select hibernate, it quickly turns off the display and the power LED becomes blinking for around 5 seconds, then the computer restarts automatically and resumes just like after normal hibernate. Any ideas why it does not work and how to fix it?
Thanks in advance! :)

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

ijwcomp

ijwcomp

Junior

• Pip
  • 64 posts
  • Joined 01-February 08
I'm using Windows Vista Ultimate and my computer used to do that with standby and hibernate but I fixed it by disabling "allow this device to wake up the computer" on my wireless mouse and keyboard in Device Manager and it worked although I have to resume my computer using the power button. I know it's not the best solution but it works.... :)

rumbata

rumbata
  • 2 posts
  • Joined 30-January 08
Disabling "allow this device to wake up the computer" just for the mouse helped! Thanks ijwcomp! My mouse is not wireless and I didn't think it does something while it's not moving and clicking, but it has been turning the PC on. The keyboard doesn't have that problem, "allow this device to wake up the computer" is enabled and now I can turn the computer on after hibernate by pressing any button, just as I like it :). 10x again!

ijwcomp

ijwcomp

Junior

• Pip
  • 64 posts
  • Joined 01-February 08
You're welcome! :thumbup

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users