Computer starts automatically after hibernate

rumbata

I'm using Windows Vista business and cannot put my PC to hibernate. When I select hibernate, it quickly turns off the display and the power LED becomes blinking for around 5 seconds, then the computer restarts automatically and resumes just like after normal hibernate. Any ideas why it does not work and how to fix it?

Thanks in advance! :)

I'm using Windows Vista Ultimate and my computer used to do that with standby and hibernate but I fixed it by disabling "allow this device to wake up the computer" on my wireless mouse and keyboard in Device Manager and it worked although I have to resume my computer using the power button. I know it's not the best solution but it works.... :)

Disabling "allow this device to wake up the computer" just for the mouse helped! Thanks ijwcomp! My mouse is not wireless and I didn't think it does something while it's not moving and clicking, but it has been turning the PC on. The keyboard doesn't have that problem, "allow this device to wake up the computer" is enabled and now I can turn the computer on after hibernate by pressing any button, just as I like it :). 10x again!