Help removing some components

sonnet

Hi guys I'm creating my nlite version of Windows XP x64 bit.

The problem is that I'm not sure if remove the followings components:

1)ActiveX for streaming video: I want remove WMP with nlite then reinstall the WMP's codecs after I install the OS on the pc.Are the activex needed to watch the video on internet that make use of WMP codecs?

Or they are needed for something else?

2)Active directory:I don't think I will need it,but I want ask to be sure,on my pc I will set 2 accounts,one with administrator rights,and one with limited rights, plus I will use the "Internet connection sharing service" to share my connection with a laptop.Is the active directory needed for this functionality?

3)H.323:are this codecs needed to make calls with Skype OpenWengo or Windows live messenger?

4)NetShell command tool: I don't use this commands but are they needed for some applications to work?

5)Network Driver monitor :apart from giving information about the connections are these driver necessary for some application (firewall,hardware driver ..) or some functionality?

6)Certicates Management:is this of any use?I searched with google but I didn't find any useful onformation.

7)Command line tools:the same than for Netshell

8)Disk and Profile quota:there's any application that make use of this?

9)Automatic updates

I also checked the thread "what to not remove.." but I did't find the answers to my questions.

I hope someone can help.

Hi guys I'm creating my nlite version of Windows XP x64 bit.

The problem is that I'm not sure if remove the followings components:

1)ActiveX for streaming video: I want remove WMP with nlite then reinstall the WMP's codecs after I install the OS on the pc.Are the activex needed to watch the video on internet that make use of WMP codecs?

Or they are needed for something else?

2)Active directory:I don't think I will need it,but I want ask to be sure,on my pc I will set 2 accounts,one with administrator rights,and one with limited rights, plus I will use the "Internet connection sharing service" to share my connection with a laptop.Is the active directory needed for this functionality?

3)H.323:are this codecs needed to make calls with Skype OpenWengo or Windows live messenger?

4)NetShell command tool: I don't use this commands but are they needed for some applications to work?

5)Network Driver monitor :apart from giving information about the connections are these driver necessary for some application (firewall,hardware driver ..) or some functionality?

6)Certicates Management:is this of any use?I searched with google but I didn't find any useful onformation.

7)Command line tools:the same than for Netshell

8)Disk and Profile quota:there's any application that make use of this?

9)Automatic updates

I also checked the thread "what to not remove.." but I did't find the answers to my questions.

I hope someone can help.

When you say "I'm not sure if remove the followings components" I take it you mean you want to know whether you can remove these components. The thing is... it depends what you use your computer for. Obviously, almost every component in Windows does something (there are a few which don't), and consequently, if you use that functionality you'll have to keep it.

For example:

9) Automatic Updates.

Do you use Automatic updates? If you don't, then you can remove it, if you do, then you'll have to keep it.

I don't keep many of those things you've mentioned here, and have no problems, but I haven't tested them with every single programme in existance. Your best bet is to make a disc, try it out (either in real life or on VMWare) and if you come across programmes that don't work for you, add the relevent components back in.