Lightscribe Drive Isnt Detected As One

Brando569

i have a lightscribe drive that is only a few months old and the lightscribe functionality worked previously until i installed a custom version of XP Pro, thinking that maybe it was the version of windows i installed one that i made and the same thing happend, i went back to the custom version because its faster overall but yet lightscribe still doesnt work. ive installed the lighscribe drivers, all the windows updates, and dot net 1-3 and in the lightscribe settings it still says "lightscribe drive not detected". the custom version doesnt have anything removed btw.

does anyone have a solution to this because i would really like this back.

thanks

Edited by Brando569

I have a Samsung lightscribe drive and I never used it until yesterday when I bought lightscribe CD's.

I was using Surething CD/DVD Labeler and it didn't recognize the drive as LightScribe (when going to New Project, lightscribe projects show up in the wizard - it wasn't for me).

I looked into Nero's help as I use Nero 8 and it said to download the LightScribe program and it gave a link in the help. I downloaded it, installed it, and now Surething CD/Labeler displays it in the project wizard.

I burned my first lightscribe yesterday - it's very nice and very well worth it!!

So........ you might want to download newest lightscribe software from Nero's site. It's freeee. I'm not sure what the connect is between Nero's lightscribe software and Surething CD/DVD labeler, but that's what got it working without a restart!

Did you install the latest drivers or did you install LightScribe host software?

You need LightScribe host software installed in order for the drive to be recognized.

google search for host software.

or go to http://www.lightscribe.com/downloadsection...dex.aspx?id=810 and download the universal software.

Edited by spacesurfer