Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

help me make a choice for mp3 player.. bawr

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

ThA_FiLeR

ThA_FiLeR

--IM OUT

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 977 posts
  • Joined 24-August 01
well my pos RCA cd mp3 player has broken too many times now.. time for new mp3 playa...yayy...with xmas comin up and havin some money i can afford a $300 mp3 player and want one with a hard drive in it..ive done allot of looking around but cant seem to make a final decision on what to get, i narrowed it down to these 2:

-Apple Ipod 10gb
-Creative Nomad Zen Xtra 30GB

ok..the good and the bad of each..

=Apple Ipod 10gb=
Posted Image

+Fresh look (chromeee)
+Many options and extras
-Small 10gb hd for price
-Mac trashhh
-no WMA support

=Creative Nomad Zen Xtra 30GB=
Posted Image

+Fresh look
+3x as much GB for same price as iPod
+EAX high quality sound options
+Real new-type headphones (go to back of ur head), no buds
+WMA support
+Speed up/Slow down songs
+ScreenSavers...yayyy
-bah no games or adress book like on ipod
-lil bit heavier then ipod(not lot)

I am leaning toward the zen Xtra for its wma support and load more space.. but not sure..please tell me what you think or what any other good players might be..

-Thanks
Removed by admin - Read Forum Rules

--IM OUT

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

gamehead200

gamehead200

SEARCH!!! SEARCH!!!

• Super Moderator
  • 7,039 posts
  • Joined 02-September 02
iPod! :rolleyes: Its perty... :D :D

I want the 20 gig for Christmas...Just to mention that the iPod doesn't only store music...You can use it as a portable USB/Firewire hard drive... :)

ThA_FiLeR

ThA_FiLeR

--IM OUT

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 977 posts
  • Joined 24-August 01

iPod! :rolleyes:  Its perty... :D :D

I want the 20 gig for Christmas...Just to mention that the iPod doesn't only store music...You can use it as a portable USB/Firewire hard drive... :)

yea, the creative one does that too..

--IM OUT

TonicX

TonicX

• PipPip
  • 193 posts
  • Joined 29-October 03
IPod, looks better, plus 10g is enough, how many songs do you have?

EDIT: MAC is not trash, the new OS rules!!!!!!!! (fast user switch cube)
Posted Image

Carmon

Carmon

MSFN's Local Mental Case

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,598 posts
  • Joined 08-June 03
even tho i dont like Apple Macs i wud have to say the (i)Pod Defo Cuz is more relaiable than most mp3 players and also can b used as a hard drive its a defo good chose :) mm i think ill have to get one lmao
Posted Image

FthrJACK

FthrJACK

I am a PC...

• Patrons
  • 3,394 posts
  • Joined 16-August 01
creative one, more features, more HDD, nicer looking, its not made by apple.

Crispy

Crispy

Retired Yiffy Moderator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,305 posts
  • Joined 14-September 02
I agree with Jack, I would choose the Creative coz of the "Non-Apple" factor alone ... and ya, it has a larger HD too :) :rolleyes:
Posted Image

un4given1

un4given1

Elaborate Dreamer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,796 posts
  • Joined 25-September 03
I'd have to go with the Dell DJ :)

Posted Image
What if everything around you, isn't quite as it seems...
What if all the world you used to know, is an elaborate dream...
And if you look at your reflection, Is that all you want to be?
What if you could look right through the cracks, Would you find yourself... find yourself afraid to see?

ThA_FiLeR

ThA_FiLeR

--IM OUT

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 977 posts
  • Joined 24-August 01

even tho i dont like Apple Macs i wud have to say the (i)Pod Defo Cuz is more relaiable than most mp3 players and also can b used as a hard drive its a defo good chose :) mm i think ill have to get one lmao

both can be used as hd and imac also has another negative which is, u cant transfer mp3's from the ipod to comp, you will need extra software.. this is some lame protection so if u would let ur friend borrow it they cant illegally get ur songs which they didnt purchase...ill give the dell dj a look also..

--IM OUT

gamehead200

gamehead200

SEARCH!!! SEARCH!!!

• Super Moderator
  • 7,039 posts
  • Joined 02-September 02

even tho i dont like Apple Macs i wud have to say the (i)Pod Defo Cuz is more relaiable than most mp3 players and also can b used as a hard drive its a defo good chose :rolleyes: mm i think ill have to get one lmao

both can be used as hd and imac also has another negative which is, u cant transfer mp3's from the ipod to comp, you will need extra software.. this is some lame protection so if u would let ur friend borrow it they cant illegally get ur songs which they didnt purchase...ill give the dell dj a look also..

Uh...sure you can, you just copy them twice, once to the playlist, and a second time to the HD...That's what sven does... :)

sven

sven

iPod therefore iHappy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 979 posts
  • Joined 13-August 03
hehe, its true. See, i only have a 15 gb model, so i only fill it to 3gb. im not even sure about who has 30 gb worth of music. i think it would be better to get the 20 gig (middle model) it comes with the dock and the remote, which cost and extra 100$ usd alone. so u get the harddrive upgrade free. :)

and no, i dont work for apple, i just spent months reaserching before i bought mine. :D

Take your choice, but the Creative Nomad Zen Xtra 30GB doesn't work with itunes, "best windows app ever written" :rolleyes: :D

I also think that mp3 is better than wma, it doesn't work in musicmatch without an upgrade either. so the ipod fits my need.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users