Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

BSOD 7B

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

em5xx

em5xx
  • 4 posts
I tried installing win xp using the txt mode but after loading for a while just after it says windows is starting I will get the BSOD 7b error. I tried on two different computer and used two different win xp source disc but still cant get over this problem.

I am using a usb hard disk.

I need some help here thanks.

Edited by em5xx, 13 February 2008 - 11:52 AM.

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

wimb

wimb

• Developer
  • 679 posts

I tried installing win xp using the txt mode but after loading for a while just after it says windows is starting I will get the BSOD 7b error. I tried on two different computer and used two different win xp source disc but still cant get over this problem.

In the Menu Screen did you use Option 0) to Change the Setting in USB-Harddisk instead of USB-stick ?
Because that makes that rdummy.sys is used and this is essential for using USB-Harddisk.
rdummy.sys makes Fixed USB-Harddisk seen in XP Setup as Removable Device.
Read more about it in the Help File.

wimb

em5xx

em5xx
  • 4 posts

In the Menu Screen did you use Option 0) to Change the Setting in USB-Harddisk instead of USB-stick ?
Because that makes that rdummy.sys is used and this is essential for using USB-Harddisk.
rdummy.sys makes Fixed USB-Harddisk seen in XP Setup as Removable Device.
Read more about it in the Help File.

wimb

Yes I did.. maybe i should try on thumb drive but i only have a 8gb usb stick and i cant format it using petousb

ilko_t

ilko_t

MSFN Addict

• Super Moderator
  • 1,722 posts
For sticks > 2GB try HP usb disk storage format tool and FAT32. Google that phrase for download links.

Install Windows from USB, boot Linux, multiboot and a lot more with WinSetupFromUSB

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN