Welcome to MSFN

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
em5xx

BSOD 7B

4 posts in this topic

I tried installing win xp using the txt mode but after loading for a while just after it says windows is starting I will get the BSOD 7b error. I tried on two different computer and used two different win xp source disc but still cant get over this problem.

I am using a usb hard disk.

I need some help here thanks.

Edited by em5xx

I tried installing win xp using the txt mode but after loading for a while just after it says windows is starting I will get the BSOD 7b error. I tried on two different computer and used two different win xp source disc but still cant get over this problem.

In the Menu Screen did you use Option 0) to Change the Setting in USB-Harddisk instead of USB-stick ?

Because that makes that rdummy.sys is used and this is essential for using USB-Harddisk.

rdummy.sys makes Fixed USB-Harddisk seen in XP Setup as Removable Device.

Read more about it in the Help File.

wimb

In the Menu Screen did you use Option 0) to Change the Setting in USB-Harddisk instead of USB-stick ?

Because that makes that rdummy.sys is used and this is essential for using USB-Harddisk.

rdummy.sys makes Fixed USB-Harddisk seen in XP Setup as Removable Device.

Read more about it in the Help File.

wimb

Yes I did.. maybe i should try on thumb drive but i only have a 8gb usb stick and i cant format it using petousb

For sticks > 2GB try HP usb disk storage format tool and FAT32. Google that phrase for download links.