Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

convert x to dvd 2.99

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

secretdream

secretdream
  • 6 posts
  • Joined 05-February 08
is there anyone who can help me to make convert x dvd 2.99 silent?
i use /SP-
/SILENT
/VERYSILENT
/SUPPRESSMSGBOXES
these parametres but they don't work. setup always asks me to select a video format.but,of course i couldn't select anything and it stops.
i made /loadinf but it didn't work too...
please help me :unsure:

Posted Image

Edited by secretdream, 18 February 2008 - 03:04 PM.

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

ajua

ajua

Custom Installer Maker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,261 posts
  • Joined 16-April 05
have you tried to use Universal Extractor to extract the setup files? this is helpful to see the script file and to change it to your needs. maybe you can choose the video format via the script or remove it at all from there.

i haven't tried convertcxtodvd in silent install but i have made a custom installer for CopytoDVD in msi format.

Custom Installers for your unattended needs.

radix

radix

Friend of MSFN

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 743 posts
  • Joined 08-February 07
Hi
You need to repack this installer to make it completly silent.
Download these tools:
innounp
Inno Setup
- Install Inno Setup.
- Unrar innounp and copy it in the same folder with VSO installer.
Now unpack installer using a command like this:
C:\test020\innounp.exe -x -m -a C:\test020\vsoConvertXtoDVD3_setup.exe
Open install_script.iss and make this steps:
- Add a name for the output file on OutputBaseFilename (on top of the script), but without extension
- Delete the entire line which contains "GetVideoStandard" from [Registry]
- Delete those two lines under [Run] section
- From [Icons] I deleted the third line (quicklaunch icon)
- From [Tasks] I removed the last two lines
Save it and exit.
Compile install_script.iss (r. click->Compile). New installer is in Output folder.
Add these entries to a reg file (save it as settings.reg):
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\VSO\ConvertXtoDVD\3.0]
"LicenseKey"="XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-X"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\VSO\ConvertXtoDVD\3.0\settings]
"Gen_BypassPromptForUpdateDialog"="FALSE"
"Gen_CheckForUpdate"="FALSE"
Run from batch file:
@echo off
start /wait vsoConvertXtoDVD3_setup.exe /sp- /verysilent /norestart
start /wait regedit.exe /s settings.reg
exit
Note: You can add informations from settings.reg into install_script.iss on [Registry] section.

Edited by radix, 19 February 2008 - 04:56 AM.

secretdream

secretdream
  • 6 posts
  • Joined 05-February 08
you're great,thank you so much :thumbup

radix

radix

Friend of MSFN

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 743 posts
  • Joined 08-February 07
You're welcome

skavenger

skavenger

Master of Tools

• Pip
  • 55 posts
  • Joined 19-October 05
Thank you for this nice info.

I followed all your steps an now its working.

For Registration i extend the ISS-Script with the following 3 lines unter section [registry].

Root: HKCU; Subkey: "Software\VSO\ConvertXtoDVD\Settings"; Valuename: "Gen_BypassPromptForUpdateDialog"; ValueType: String; ValueData: "FALSE"; Flags: createvalueifdoesntexist
Root: HKCU; Subkey: "Software\VSO\ConvertXtoDVD\Settings"; Valuename: "Gen_CheckForUpdate"; ValueType: String; ValueData: "FALSE"; Flags: createvalueifdoesntexist
Root: HKCU; Subkey: "Software\VSO\ConvertXtoDVD"; Valuename: "LicenseKey"; ValueType: String; ValueData: "XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-X"; Flags: createvalueifdoesntexist

After silent Install i have a program-group named (Default) and inside are the links to ConvertX2DVD.
How can i define the real name of this program-group in the script?

TIA
SkAvEnGeR

radix

radix

Friend of MSFN

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 743 posts
  • Joined 08-February 07

After silent Install i have a program-group named (Default) and inside are the links to ConvertX2DVD.

I don't know how.
Use this batch file for that job :) :
@echo off
start /wait regedit.exe /s settings.reg
mkdir "%allusersprofile%\Start Menu\Programs\VSO\ConvertXtoDVD 3"
copy "%allusersprofile%\Start Menu\Programs\(Default)\ConvertXToDVD 3.lnk" "%allusersprofile%\Start Menu\Programs\VSO\ConvertXtoDVD 3\ConvertXToDVD 3.lnk"
copy "%allusersprofile%\Start Menu\Programs\(Default)\Uninstall  ConvertXToDVD.lnk" "%allusersprofile%\Start Menu\Programs\VSO\ConvertXtoDVD 3\Uninstall  ConvertXToDVD.lnk"
rmdir /s /q "%allusersprofile%\Start Menu\Programs\(Default)"
exit
or this (without Settings.reg):
@echo off
mkdir "%allusersprofile%\Start Menu\Programs\VSO\ConvertXtoDVD 3"
copy "%allusersprofile%\Start Menu\Programs\(Default)\ConvertXToDVD 3.lnk" "%allusersprofile%\Start Menu\Programs\VSO\ConvertXtoDVD 3\ConvertXToDVD 3.lnk"
copy "%allusersprofile%\Start Menu\Programs\(Default)\Uninstall  ConvertXToDVD.lnk" "%allusersprofile%\Start Menu\Programs\VSO\ConvertXtoDVD 3\Uninstall  ConvertXToDVD.lnk"
rmdir /s /q "%allusersprofile%\Start Menu\Programs\(Default)"
exit

Edited by radix, 22 February 2008 - 01:35 PM.

benners

benners

• PipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts
  • Joined 29-December 03

TIA
SkAvEnGeR

If you can edit the script then you can manually add the program group name. I use ISTool and you can go to the program group tab under options and type it in, manually you could add the code below to the [setup] portion

DefaultGroupName=ConvertX2DVD

I never let school interfere with my education

cool400

cool400

Junior

• Pip
  • 72 posts
  • Joined 08-November 05
@radix,skavenger,benners

Thanks a lot - this is really great!!!

I tried this with ConvertXtoDVD 3.0.0.9 and it seems to work. The only thing I had to figure out was, how I could unpack the new Inno-Installer 5.2.3 - you need a modified version of innounp, which you can find here (there's an english GUI included, the tool speaks chinese :blink:)

But I've got one last question: after I compiled the new setup, the installer has grown over 2MB without adding any files :unsure:

Are there any parameters I can choose for a greater file-compression?

Best regards and thanks a lot

cool400 :ph34r:

benners

benners

• PipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts
  • Joined 29-December 03

Are there any parameters I can choose for a greater file-compression?

Using ISTool
Options - Compiler there are settings there for compression.
I normally use

Compression=lzma
InternalCompressLevel=ultra
SolidCompression=true

radix

radix

Friend of MSFN

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 743 posts
  • Joined 08-February 07

I normally use

Compression=lzma
SolidCompression=true

Or
Compression=lzma/ultra64
SolidCompression=yes
in [Setup] section of .iss file and use Inno to compile.

Edited by radix, 11 May 2008 - 09:34 AM.

benners

benners

• PipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts
  • Joined 29-December 03

I normally use

Compression=lzma
SolidCompression=true

Or
Compression=lzma/ultra64
SolidCompression=yes
in [Setup] section of .iss file and use Inno to compile.

I tried the Ultra64 but got an "Out of memory" msg when compiling with ISTool, never bothered looking into the prob just reset to previous values. I have 2GB of mem so it should be enough

radix

radix

Friend of MSFN

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 743 posts
  • Joined 08-February 07

I tried the Ultra64 but got an "Out of memory" msg when compiling with ISTool, never bothered looking into the prob just reset to previous values. I have 2GB of mem so it should be enough

I used Inno not ISTool and works fine with ConvertXtoDVD. I have 2GB RAM too. Compilation need about 200-300 MB of memory in our case.

Edited by radix, 11 May 2008 - 10:38 AM.

afterdark

afterdark
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 07-December 07
Thanks for all the info so far guys.

I'm working on 3.0.0.9 same as cool400 but cant get the modded innounp as the above link seems to be broken or the host site down.

Any chance of another link or mirror please ?

Many thanks
AD

cool400

cool400

Junior

• Pip
  • 72 posts
  • Joined 08-November 05
My above link seems to be okay - on the linked website you will find these download-links for the modded innounp:

http://uploaded.to/?id=lhjzbw
http://cid-779005b3a.....8-03-18|6.rar
http://www.usaupload.net/d/fzr797nzj4t

For me it works like a charm :thumbup

Best regards and good luck

cool400

cool400

Junior

• Pip
  • 72 posts
  • Joined 08-November 05
@radix,benners

Before I open a new thread I would like to ask you something.

I really like the idea to modify Inno-setups to fit my needs, e.g. turning off assistants and deleting shortcuts etc.
But now I found a really difficult setup, that seems to be impossible for me to be modified: Agnitum Outpost Security Suite PRO 2008!

I've extracted the setup with innounp 0.23+ (see above) and got the setup-script and a lot of files in different folders.

To make a long story short: even without changing anything in the ISS-file I get several errors when (re-)compiling the script about not existing files :blink:

[Files]Source: {code_GetDest}\lic-oss,2.en; DestDir: {code:GetDest}; DestName: lic-oss.en; Flags: dontcopySource: {code_GetDest}\lic-oss,3.en; DestDir: {code:GetDest}; DestName: lic-oss.en; Flags: dontcopySource: {code_GetDest}\lic-oss,4.en; DestDir: {code:GetDest}; DestName: lic-oss.en; Flags: dontcopySource: {code_GetDest}\zlib,2.dll; DestDir: {code:GetDest}; DestName: zlib.dll; AfterInstall: UpdateComponentControl; Flags: restartreplace overwritereadonly uninsrestartdelete ignoreversion uninsremovereadonlySource: {code_GetUserTempDir}\sdi\i386\Targets\chk\w2k\afw,2.sys; DestDir: {code:GetUserTempDir}\sdi\i386\Targets\chk\w2k; DestName: afw.sys; Flags: overwritereadonly ignoreversion uninsremovereadonlySource: {code_GetUserTempDir}\sdi\i386\Targets\chk\w2k\afwcon,2.exe; DestDir: {code:GetUserTempDir}\sdi\i386\Targets\chk\w2k; DestName: afwcon.exe; Flags: overwritereadonly ignoreversion uninsremovereadonlySource: {code_GetUserTempDir}\sdi\i386\Targets\chk\w2k\afwmod,2.exe; DestDir: {code:GetUserTempDir}\sdi\i386\Targets\chk\w2k; DestName: afwmod.exe; Flags: overwritereadonly ignoreversion uninsremovereadonlySource: {code_GetUserTempDir}\sdi\i386\Targets\chk\wlh\afw,2.sys; DestDir: {code:GetUserTempDir}\sdi\i386\Targets\chk\wlh; DestName: afw.sys; Flags: overwritereadonly ignoreversion uninsremovereadonlySource: {code_GetUserTempDir}\sdi\i386\Targets\chk\wlh\afwcon,2.exe; DestDir: {code:GetUserTempDir}\sdi\i386\Targets\chk\wlh; DestName: afwcon.exe; Flags: overwritereadonly ignoreversion uninsremovereadonlySource: {code_GetUserTempDir}\sdi\i386\Targets\chk\wlh\afwmod,2.exe; DestDir: {code:GetUserTempDir}\sdi\i386\Targets\chk\wlh; DestName: afwmod.exe; Flags: overwritereadonly ignoreversion uninsremovereadonlySource: {code_GetUserTempDir}\sdi\i386\Targets\chk\wxp\afw,2.sys; DestDir: {code:GetUserTempDir}\sdi\i386\Targets\chk\wxp; DestName: afw.sys; Flags: overwritereadonly ignoreversion uninsremovereadonlySource: {code_GetUserTempDir}\sdi\i386\Targets\chk\wxp\afwcon,2.exe; DestDir: {code:GetUserTempDir}\sdi\i386\Targets\chk\wxp; DestName: afwcon.exe; Flags: overwritereadonly ignoreversion uninsremovereadonlySource: {code_GetUserTempDir}\sdi\i386\Targets\chk\wxp\afwmod,2.exe; DestDir: {code:GetUserTempDir}\sdi\i386\Targets\chk\wxp; DestName: afwmod.exe; Flags: overwritereadonly ignoreversion uninsremovereadonlySource: {code_GetUserTempDir}\sdi\i386\Targets\free\w2k\afw,2.sys; DestDir: {code:GetUserTempDir}\sdi\i386\Targets\free\w2k; DestName: afw.sys; Flags: overwritereadonly ignoreversion uninsremovereadonlySource: {code_GetUserTempDir}\sdi\i386\Targets\free\w2k\afwcon,2.exe; DestDir: {code:GetUserTempDir}\sdi\i386\Targets\free\w2k; DestName: afwcon.exe; Flags: overwritereadonly ignoreversion uninsremovereadonlySource: {code_GetUserTempDir}\sdi\i386\Targets\free\w2k\afwmod,2.exe; DestDir: {code:GetUserTempDir}\sdi\i386\Targets\free\w2k; DestName: afwmod.exe; Flags: overwritereadonly ignoreversion uninsremovereadonlySource: {code_GetUserTempDir}\sdi\i386\Targets\free\wlh\afw,2.sys; DestDir: {code:GetUserTempDir}\sdi\i386\Targets\free\wlh; DestName: afw.sys; Flags: overwritereadonly ignoreversion uninsremovereadonlySource: {code_GetUserTempDir}\sdi\i386\Targets\free\wlh\afwcon,2.exe; DestDir: {code:GetUserTempDir}\sdi\i386\Targets\free\wlh; DestName: afwcon.exe; Flags: overwritereadonly ignoreversion uninsremovereadonlySource: {code_GetUserTempDir}\sdi\i386\Targets\free\wlh\afwmod,2.exe; DestDir: {code:GetUserTempDir}\sdi\i386\Targets\free\wlh; DestName: afwmod.exe; Flags: overwritereadonly ignoreversion uninsremovereadonlySource: {code_GetUserTempDir}\sdi\i386\Targets\free\wxp\afw,2.sys; DestDir: {code:GetUserTempDir}\sdi\i386\Targets\free\wxp; DestName: afw.sys; Flags: overwritereadonly ignoreversion uninsremovereadonlySource: {code_GetUserTempDir}\sdi\i386\Targets\free\wxp\afwcon,2.exe; DestDir: {code:GetUserTempDir}\sdi\i386\Targets\free\wxp; DestName: afwcon.exe; Flags: overwritereadonly ignoreversion uninsremovereadonlySource: {code_GetUserTempDir}\sdi\i386\Targets\free\wxp\afwmod,2.exe; DestDir: {code:GetUserTempDir}\sdi\i386\Targets\free\wxp; DestName: afwmod.exe; Flags: overwritereadonly ignoreversion uninsremovereadonlySource: {code_GetDest}\SandBox.cat; DestDir: {code:GetDest}; Flags: overwritereadonly ignoreversion uninsremovereadonlySource: {code_GetDest}\SandBox.inf; DestDir: {code:GetDest}; Flags: overwritereadonly ignoreversion uninsremovereadonlySource: {code_GetDest}\ASWFilt.cat; DestDir: {code:GetDest}; Flags: overwritereadonly ignoreversion uninsremovereadonlySource: {code_GetDest}\ASWFilt.inf; DestDir: {code:GetDest}; Flags: overwritereadonly ignoreversion uninsremovereadonlySource: {code_GetDest}\VBFilt.cat; DestDir: {code:GetDest}; Flags: overwritereadonly ignoreversion uninsremovereadonly
...just to name some of them!
The strange thing is: nearly all of the claimed files exist - either in another folder or with a slightly modified name (e.g. afwmod,1.exe instead of afwmod,2.exe) :huh: BTW, I didn't know that commas are allowed in file-names?

Also there seems to be two parameters in the [Setup]-sections that Inno doesn't know:

[Setup]
ArchitecturesAllowed: x86=
ArchitecturesInstallIn64BitMode: x64=
If you've got some suggestions maybe a mod could move this posting to a new thread so that we can keep on discussing there!

benners

benners

• PipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts
  • Joined 29-December 03

@radix,benners

Before I open a new thread I would like to ask you something.

I really like the idea to modify Inno-setups to fit my needs, e.g. turning off assistants and deleting shortcuts etc.
But now I found a really difficult setup, that seems to be impossible for me to be modified: Agnitum Outpost Security Suite PRO 2008!

I've extracted the setup with innounp 0.23+ (see above) and got the setup-script and a lot of files in different folders.

To make a long story short: even without changing anything in the ISS-file I get several errors when (re-)compiling the script about not existing files :blink:

[Files]Source: {code_GetDest}\lic-oss,2.en; DestDir: {code:GetDest}; DestName: lic-oss.en; Flags: dontcopySource: {code_GetDest}\lic-oss,3.en; DestDir: {code:GetDest}; DestName: lic-oss.en; Flags: dontcopySource: {code_GetDest}\lic-oss,4.en; DestDir: {code:GetDest}; DestName: lic-oss.en; Flags: dontcopySource: {code_GetDest}\zlib,2.dll; DestDir: {code:GetDest}; DestName: zlib.dll; AfterInstall: UpdateComponentControl; Flags: restartreplace overwritereadonly uninsrestartdelete ignoreversion uninsremovereadonlySource: {code_GetUserTempDir}\sdi\i386\Targets\chk\w2k\afw,2.sys; DestDir: {code:GetUserTempDir}\sdi\i386\Targets\chk\w2k; DestName: afw.sys; Flags: overwritereadonly ignoreversion uninsremovereadonlySource: {code_GetUserTempDir}\sdi\i386\Targets\chk\w2k\afwcon,2.exe; DestDir: {code:GetUserTempDir}\sdi\i386\Targets\chk\w2k; DestName: afwcon.exe; Flags: overwritereadonly ignoreversion uninsremovereadonlySource: {code_GetUserTempDir}\sdi\i386\Targets\chk\w2k\afwmod,2.exe; DestDir: {code:GetUserTempDir}\sdi\i386\Targets\chk\w2k; DestName: afwmod.exe; Flags: overwritereadonly ignoreversion uninsremovereadonlySource: {code_GetUserTempDir}\sdi\i386\Targets\chk\wlh\afw,2.sys; DestDir: {code:GetUserTempDir}\sdi\i386\Targets\chk\wlh; DestName: afw.sys; Flags: overwritereadonly ignoreversion uninsremovereadonlySource: {code_GetUserTempDir}\sdi\i386\Targets\chk\wlh\afwcon,2.exe; DestDir: {code:GetUserTempDir}\sdi\i386\Targets\chk\wlh; DestName: afwcon.exe; Flags: overwritereadonly ignoreversion uninsremovereadonlySource: {code_GetUserTempDir}\sdi\i386\Targets\chk\wlh\afwmod,2.exe; DestDir: {code:GetUserTempDir}\sdi\i386\Targets\chk\wlh; DestName: afwmod.exe; Flags: overwritereadonly ignoreversion uninsremovereadonlySource: {code_GetUserTempDir}\sdi\i386\Targets\chk\wxp\afw,2.sys; DestDir: {code:GetUserTempDir}\sdi\i386\Targets\chk\wxp; DestName: afw.sys; Flags: overwritereadonly ignoreversion uninsremovereadonlySource: {code_GetUserTempDir}\sdi\i386\Targets\chk\wxp\afwcon,2.exe; DestDir: {code:GetUserTempDir}\sdi\i386\Targets\chk\wxp; DestName: afwcon.exe; Flags: overwritereadonly ignoreversion uninsremovereadonlySource: {code_GetUserTempDir}\sdi\i386\Targets\chk\wxp\afwmod,2.exe; DestDir: {code:GetUserTempDir}\sdi\i386\Targets\chk\wxp; DestName: afwmod.exe; Flags: overwritereadonly ignoreversion uninsremovereadonlySource: {code_GetUserTempDir}\sdi\i386\Targets\free\w2k\afw,2.sys; DestDir: {code:GetUserTempDir}\sdi\i386\Targets\free\w2k; DestName: afw.sys; Flags: overwritereadonly ignoreversion uninsremovereadonlySource: {code_GetUserTempDir}\sdi\i386\Targets\free\w2k\afwcon,2.exe; DestDir: {code:GetUserTempDir}\sdi\i386\Targets\free\w2k; DestName: afwcon.exe; Flags: overwritereadonly ignoreversion uninsremovereadonlySource: {code_GetUserTempDir}\sdi\i386\Targets\free\w2k\afwmod,2.exe; DestDir: {code:GetUserTempDir}\sdi\i386\Targets\free\w2k; DestName: afwmod.exe; Flags: overwritereadonly ignoreversion uninsremovereadonlySource: {code_GetUserTempDir}\sdi\i386\Targets\free\wlh\afw,2.sys; DestDir: {code:GetUserTempDir}\sdi\i386\Targets\free\wlh; DestName: afw.sys; Flags: overwritereadonly ignoreversion uninsremovereadonlySource: {code_GetUserTempDir}\sdi\i386\Targets\free\wlh\afwcon,2.exe; DestDir: {code:GetUserTempDir}\sdi\i386\Targets\free\wlh; DestName: afwcon.exe; Flags: overwritereadonly ignoreversion uninsremovereadonlySource: {code_GetUserTempDir}\sdi\i386\Targets\free\wlh\afwmod,2.exe; DestDir: {code:GetUserTempDir}\sdi\i386\Targets\free\wlh; DestName: afwmod.exe; Flags: overwritereadonly ignoreversion uninsremovereadonlySource: {code_GetUserTempDir}\sdi\i386\Targets\free\wxp\afw,2.sys; DestDir: {code:GetUserTempDir}\sdi\i386\Targets\free\wxp; DestName: afw.sys; Flags: overwritereadonly ignoreversion uninsremovereadonlySource: {code_GetUserTempDir}\sdi\i386\Targets\free\wxp\afwcon,2.exe; DestDir: {code:GetUserTempDir}\sdi\i386\Targets\free\wxp; DestName: afwcon.exe; Flags: overwritereadonly ignoreversion uninsremovereadonlySource: {code_GetUserTempDir}\sdi\i386\Targets\free\wxp\afwmod,2.exe; DestDir: {code:GetUserTempDir}\sdi\i386\Targets\free\wxp; DestName: afwmod.exe; Flags: overwritereadonly ignoreversion uninsremovereadonlySource: {code_GetDest}\SandBox.cat; DestDir: {code:GetDest}; Flags: overwritereadonly ignoreversion uninsremovereadonlySource: {code_GetDest}\SandBox.inf; DestDir: {code:GetDest}; Flags: overwritereadonly ignoreversion uninsremovereadonlySource: {code_GetDest}\ASWFilt.cat; DestDir: {code:GetDest}; Flags: overwritereadonly ignoreversion uninsremovereadonlySource: {code_GetDest}\ASWFilt.inf; DestDir: {code:GetDest}; Flags: overwritereadonly ignoreversion uninsremovereadonlySource: {code_GetDest}\VBFilt.cat; DestDir: {code:GetDest}; Flags: overwritereadonly ignoreversion uninsremovereadonly
...just to name some of them!
The strange thing is: nearly all of the claimed files exist - either in another folder or with a slightly modified name (e.g. afwmod,1.exe instead of afwmod,2.exe) :huh: BTW, I didn't know that commas are allowed in file-names?

Also there seems to be two parameters in the [Setup]-sections that Inno doesn't know:

[Setup]
ArchitecturesAllowed: x86=
ArchitecturesInstallIn64BitMode: x64=
If you've got some suggestions maybe a mod could move this posting to a new thread so that we can keep on discussing there!

Some of the the installers are tricky. Innounp is not perfect and does not give a perfect representation of what the author used to create the installer.

You can use Pascal code to offer options and do things like create variables and if an installer uses it there will be a file I think it is called compiled.bin. This will query user settings such as the users temp dir or the dir the user wants to install the program to such as {code_GetUserTempDir} etc but I don't know if you can decompile the code.

The files with the numbers are a way to install the package for multi language installs or 32 and 64 bit versions of files, they probably track in the script to the language section or may have something like Lang:EN or Lang DE you can delete any languages you aren't gonna use and the files as well.

Some scripts take a while to edit to remove the errors, I normally use discretion and delete the items causing the errors, an example would be a min OS version or remove the variables like {code_GetUserTempDir} as I know where they are bieng installed and in what language.

The Architecture things are for the installers to tell it what 64bit Architecture the setup is allowed to run\install on and if blank it will run on any processor that can understand its 32bit code.

Another thing some installers do is run the program exe after installation has finished to continue with the setup options. Kaspersky used to do it with the msi installer and not sure if Outpost runs the main exe once with a few switches to create profiles or extries, it's been a while since I messed with it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users