Vista with multilanguages integrated

coleoptere2007

Yesterday I tried to made a compilation with a retail version of Windows Vista Ultimate (official not pirated).

The version is French and I used VLite version 1.1.1 to integrate the English language and have the choice to select the language installation after boot up.

When I select English language at installation everything is OK and the installation works perfectly.

But when I select the French language , the installation failed and give me a message that stipulate ''This language cannot be installed'' or something like that and the process cannot continue. I looked up on the installation DVD the lang.ini is ok.

I tried also with WAIK but I have no experience on how to do (to much complicated for me).

Can some give me more explainations if possible.

Thanks to all for your answers. :wacko:

Yesterday I tried to made a compilation with a retail version of Windows Vista Ultimate (official not pirated).

The version is French and I used VLite version 1.1.1 to integrate the English language and have the choice to select the language installation after boot up.

When I select English language at installation everything is OK and the installation works perfectly.

But when I select the French language , the installation failed and give me a message that stipulate ''This language cannot be installed'' or something like that and the process cannot continue. I looked up on the installation DVD the lang.ini is ok.

I tried also with WAIK but I have no experience on how to do (to much complicated for me).

Can some give me more explainations if possible.

Thanks to all for your answers. :wacko:

How you are Applying the changes? Because when you click apply in vlite, it ask you how you want to rebuild it. Are you rebuilding a whole thing DVD or just the particular version. I found that rebuilding only particular version and adding languages to it causes some problem like yours. I don't know why...but When i rebuild the entire DVD it worked for me.

Note that I don't have the same version as you. Instead I have the Official Vista Ultimate SP1 with English and Russian.

Thanks for your answer. I tried also many other thing.

1. Taken a french vista ultimate version and integrate the english pack

2. Rebuilt completly not only Ultimate.

3. Installed with english language : all is ok

4. Installed with french language : not ok error (the language as not been installed pop up messsage)

5. Rebuilt only ultimate : same problem

Yesterday :

1. Taken a english version ultimate and integrate the french pack

2. Rebuilt completly not only Ultimate

3. Installed with french language ok

4. Installed with english language : not ok error (the language as not been installed pop up messsage)

5. Rebuilt only ultimate : same problem

So it seems the the original language of the DVD can never been installed only the added language pack

My question is : Do I have to integrate all the hotfix and the language pack to resolve the problem, because I becoming crazy ?? Can I do these modifications only on a OEM version ?? Is there a particular way to accomplish these modifcations ??

Thank for the answer of everyone :blushing:

Edited by coleoptere2007