Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Media Center on Server 2008

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

shahed26

shahed26

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 462 posts
  • Joined 07-July 07
I had Vista Media Center working like a charm on my Server 2008 x64 (64 bit).
I had to fiddle with many registry settings, to get it to work. The answer to the problem "Windows cannot open this program because it has been prevented by a software restriction policy" is BDA files. (i think, cant seem to remember properly..lol)

Funny i just re-installed my server, and lost Media Center, and dont have the time to write or create a batch file for it. But i will try my best to write a bat file to install Media Center on server.
If i do get the time to write the bat file to install media center on server 2008 x64, unfortunately its going to be only x64. I DONT use x86 OS anymore, because of my 8gb ram.

If anyone is willing to give it another try to get Media center working on server, then make sure you install my BDA pack as well.
BDA (Tv Tuner support for server 2008)

Edited by shahed26, 02 March 2009 - 09:44 PM.

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

tim427

tim427
  • 5 posts
  • Joined 25-May 07

I had to fiddle with many registry settings, to get it to work. The answer to the problem "Windows cannot open this program because it has been prevented by a software restriction policy" is BDA files. (i think, cant seem to remember properly..lol)

Funny i just re-installed my server, and lost Media Center, and dont have the time to write or create a batch file for it. But i will try my best to write a bat file to install Media Center on server.
If i do get the time to write the bat file to install media center on server 2008 x64, unfortunately its going to be only x64. I DONT use x86 OS anymore, because of my 8gb ram.

If anyone is willing to give it another try to get Media center working on server, then make sure you install my BDA pack as well.

It would be nice if you can post a batch-script :)

Or a sort of howto...

I'm running x64 vesrion only too. Because all my machines have at least 4 gb of ram.

purkleturkle

purkleturkle

• 14 posts
  • Joined 16-August 07

Shahed26 Tried installing BDA pack - still no joy! I am on Server 2008 x64 Standard. Tried eveything on using this very long post and lots of other posts on the net. Still getting the ..

"Windows cannot open this program because it has been prevented by a software restiction policy"

Anyone have any other ideas?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users