Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

MSFN is made available via donations, subscriptions and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, register and become a site sponsor/subscriber and ads will be disabled automatically. 

Sign in to follow this  
mutahir

Server 2008 Installation Fails

mutahir    0

Hi All,

I downloaded the beta release of Windows Server 2008 from MS Website, burned the iso onto a dvd disk.

The system i tried to install is : P-IV 1.8 GHz, 1GB RAM, 40GB IDE HDD

The setup starts, I select the partition, format it NTFS, then after skipping the cd key option, i select windows server enterprise option, It starts to copy files, then it says extracting files, then as soon as it finishes extracting files 100% the following error occurs :

error code 0x80070714 and the message is 'Setup cannot install files'

Any Suggestions ??

Regards

Mutahir

mara-    1

I done some search on Google. Only thing that I could find is that something can be wrong if you used DVD-RW. If you did used it, try with DVD-R+.

Cheers ;)

mutahir    0
I done some search on Google. Only thing that I could find is that something can be wrong if you used DVD-RW. If you did used it, try with DVD-R+.

Cheers ;)

Hi Mara,

Thanks for the reply, I used DVD +R

Still can't seem to figure out, I am going to burn the iso again on a slower speed this time and see if that works..

Regards

Mutahir