Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Server 2008 Installation Fails

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

mutahir

mutahir

• PipPip
  • 153 posts
Hi All,

I downloaded the beta release of Windows Server 2008 from MS Website, burned the iso onto a dvd disk.

The system i tried to install is : P-IV 1.8 GHz, 1GB RAM, 40GB IDE HDD

The setup starts, I select the partition, format it NTFS, then after skipping the cd key option, i select windows server enterprise option, It starts to copy files, then it says extracting files, then as soon as it finishes extracting files 100% the following error occurs :

error code 0x80070714 and the message is 'Setup cannot install files'

Any Suggestions ??

Regards
Mutahir
Images in signatures shall NOT exceed a total of 300x100 and 80kb.

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

mara-

mara-

Office Integrator Developer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,179 posts
I done some search on Google. Only thing that I could find is that something can be wrong if you used DVD-RW. If you did used it, try with DVD-R+.

Cheers ;)

mutahir

mutahir

• PipPip
  • 153 posts

I done some search on Google. Only thing that I could find is that something can be wrong if you used DVD-RW. If you did used it, try with DVD-R+.

Cheers ;)

Hi Mara,

Thanks for the reply, I used DVD +R

Still can't seem to figure out, I am going to burn the iso again on a slower speed this time and see if that works..

Regards

Mutahir
Images in signatures shall NOT exceed a total of 300x100 and 80kb.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN