Removing super human slipstreamed nvidia driver

SpeedEuphoria

Hey just wondering, since I'm new to this. I made a slipstream sp3 cd w/ chipset+video drivers, both nvidia. Anyway I'm not sure but I could not for the life of me uninstall the video drivers. I tried in safe mode w/ drivercleaner pro and driver sweeper(which could not delete nvavi.dll??, I deleted it with unlocker but still didnt work). So i think my issue may be that I uninstalled the other display drivers w/ nlite and added this one so I could not install it because there was nothing ot load windows with, but I could be wrong.

Basically I uninstalled, reboooted to safe mode, uninstalled from device manager, ran driver cleaner and driver sweeer, deleted the nvati.dll(think thats what driver sweeper said it could not delete?), rebooted and the orig driver would be back. So I tried the same thing but after uninstalling same way, I installed the new driver while in safe mode, then on reboot it asked if I wanted to use this older driver I hit yes, the restarted and it was an unending cycle every reboot asked me if I wanted to install the older driver and wanted me to reboot.

Well after messing with it for 30mins or so I messed with some reg files and hosed my windows up, so i'm making a new slipstream at the moment w/o video drivers and leaving the old drivers in place for now.

Not sure if this driver was just super human or its the slipstream process that embeded the driver deeper than the driver cleaners could get to delete.

Thanks in advance,

matt

Edited by SpeedEuphoria

Cab Cleaner is an option in Driver Cleaner Pro .Net, make sure you are using Driver Clean Pro .Net and not the outdated version hosted on most sites like guru3d, as its cleaning filters do not support the latest drivers.

You mean remove a driver you integrated or one that comes with windows originally?
I want to remove the nvidia 169.21 driver I slipstreamed. When making the slipstream disc I removed the other windows display drivers using nlite.
Cab Cleaner is an option in Driver Cleaner Pro .Net, make sure you are using Driver Clean Pro .Net and not the outdated version hosted on most sites like guru3d, as its cleaning filters do not support the latest drivers.

Right I downloaded it from guru3d, I also tried driversweeper like I said. I will go get the newest one.