Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

1.6 - Unable to extract IS

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

MysteryFCM

MysteryFCM
  • 2 posts
  • Joined 26-February 08
I'm coming across more and more Inno setups that UE is unable to unpack, such as;

perfectuninstaller.com/PerfectUninstaller_Setup.exe

The error data from UE is;

Signature detected: Inno Setup Setup Data (5.2.1)
This is not directly supported, but i'll try to unpack it as version 5110
; Version detected: 5201
Critical error: The setup files are corrupted. Please obtain a new copy of the program.
Unpacking failed. This version is not supported.

Regards

Steven Burn
Ur I.T. Mate Group / hpHosts
it-mate.co.uk / hosts-file.net

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

mushu13

mushu13

• 41 posts
  • Joined 17-October 06
Update the innounp.exe inside the UniExtract\bin\ directory with the one in this file:
http://innounp.sf.net/test020.rar

Edited by mushu13, 26 February 2008 - 02:27 PM.

They call them fingers, but I've never seen them fing, or ger. WOAH there they go!!!!!!!
~Otto

MysteryFCM

MysteryFCM
  • 2 posts
  • Joined 26-February 08
Worked flawlessly, thank you :)
Regards

Steven Burn
Ur I.T. Mate Group / hpHosts
it-mate.co.uk / hosts-file.net

nitro322

nitro322

Advanced Member

• Developer
  • 387 posts
  • Joined 05-November 04
This is a common question, so I"m setting this as a sticky. If you are unable to extract current Inno Setup installers, this should be the first thing to try. However, check here first for an official update:
http://innounp.sourceforge.net/

If there is no official update (0.19 is the current stable version at the time of this post), then go ahead and download the latest test version that mushu13 referenced.

war59312

war59312

Will's Blog

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 932 posts
  • Joined 07-June 02
Thanks for the link to the beta!
Ad Muncher Usage Statistics for v4.73 Beta Build 30552/2275
Adverts removed by Ad Muncher: 2,200,586
Approximate bandwidth saved: 17,192 MB
Counter started: April 2, 2003

KyotoMint

KyotoMint
  • 4 posts
  • Joined 29-October 07
I just thought I might add, even with the latest innounp the current release of uni extract will fail on certain versions of Inno (ex. v5.1.5). This has nothing to do with innounp itself, which can upack the files fine, but with peid's definition files. I attempted to add custom OEP sigs for newer versions but for some reason peid won't pick them up while in use by peid.

I don't know what you've done in new unreleased version but if I remember correctly finding an alternative to using peid was on your todo list. If not, maybe a modded version of peid is in order that will pick up the custom def files (I could be doing something wrong as well) as well as not overwrite settings in registry. I have two copies of peid, one with a batch of plugins and such and then one being used by uni extract. I think I posted a modded version of peid to prevent it from writing to registry its own settings so as to not mess up my standalone version.

edit:
Thought I would add an example. Scanning this installer with peid stock def files you get "Borland Delphi 2.0 [Overlay]" but if I do an "External scan" it picks up the definitions I made and correctly identifies it as "Inno Setup Module v5 [Overlay] *". So when uni extract scans this file it sees it as a delphi file and rejects it.

http://www.gertrudis...p1_0_0_0636.EXE

Edited by KyotoMint, 03 March 2008 - 02:19 PM.

GrofLuigi

GrofLuigi

GroupPolicy Tattoo Artist

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts
  • Joined 21-April 05
The number of packages using InnoSetup > 5.2 is ever increasing, and there are no new betas of InnoUnp. Any solution/suggestion?

GL

mushu13

mushu13

• 41 posts
  • Joined 17-October 06
At the moment, there is not much we can do but hope for an updated innounp.

We will have to keep an eye on the innounp forum.

EDIT: The test version does work on IS 5.2.2 files, but not on IS 5.2.3 yet.

Edited by mushu13, 10 April 2008 - 02:25 PM.

They call them fingers, but I've never seen them fing, or ger. WOAH there they go!!!!!!!
~Otto

aququ

aququ
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 21-April 08
I also have some problems with inno unpacking
Few times UE 1.6 recognized inno installer as "probably ZIP archive" and unpacking failed with UE 1.6. The same installer in UE 1.5 was recognized as inno and unpacked without problems.
Also I tried to unpack this....
http://www.klitetool...p;shownews=2888
Process started fine, but about the half of unpacking i heard my PC beep at each file that was extracted. The same is happening in UE 1.6 and 1.5. After unpacking some files have got terrible names (they look like strings of random characters) :blink:

Thank you in advance for checking this

I really appreciate using UE everyday. It saves my system from unwanted trash left here and there after every install :)

GrofLuigi

GrofLuigi

GroupPolicy Tattoo Artist

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts
  • Joined 21-April 05
The long awaited new version of InnoUnp appeared, same url as above:

http://innounp.sourceforge.net

Supports Inno Setup versions 3.0.0-beta through 5.2.3

GL

radix

radix

Friend of MSFN

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts
  • Joined 08-February 07

The long awaited new version of InnoUnp appeared, same url as above:

http://innounp.sourceforge.net

Supports Inno Setup versions 3.0.0-beta through 5.2.3

GL

Thx. Great news.

nitro322

nitro322

Advanced Member

• Developer
  • 387 posts
  • Joined 05-November 04
A new stable version of Innounp has finally been released, and supposedly supports up to Inno Setup 5.2.3. Try replacing the innounp.exe binary with the new version available from http://innounp.sourceforge.net/.

Note: I have not tried this myself. Please post back whether or not it works so others can benefit as well.

mushu13

mushu13

• 41 posts
  • Joined 17-October 06
Innounp v0.20 is is confirmed working with isetup-5.2.3.exe (Inno Setup Installer, packed with 5.2.3)

If it makes any difference, it is UniExtract 1.5 and 1.6b compatible. (Duh)
~Otto

xtranophilist

xtranophilist

• 21 posts
  • Joined 11-October 07
UE identifies Innos as Zip Archive because TrID says so.
For those about to ROCK, we salute you.

war59312

war59312

Will's Blog

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 932 posts
  • Joined 07-June 02
worked on http://www.msfn.org/...ecoverSetup.exe so i can confirm it works :)

what would be really sweet is if universal extractor could self update, as in being smart enough to know when there is a new version of an internal tool used and ask the user if they wish to update and download the new build and then extract automatically...
Ad Muncher Usage Statistics for v4.73 Beta Build 30552/2275
Adverts removed by Ad Muncher: 2,200,586
Approximate bandwidth saved: 17,192 MB
Counter started: April 2, 2003

herbalist

herbalist

paranoid independent

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 726 posts
  • Joined 15-December 06
After updating innounp.exe, I tried using UE to extract Win32 OpenSSL v0.9.8i. The extraction process seems to work well. The 6.73MB installer yielded 180 files contained in 15 folders, totaling 28.7MB. Near the end of the extraction, I got this error message:
Attached File  UE.gif   6.29KB   13 downloads
As far as I can tell, the extraction was successful, so why am I getting this?

Edited by herbalist, 10 October 2008 - 09:20 PM.

nitro322

nitro322

Advanced Member

• Developer
  • 387 posts
  • Joined 05-November 04

what would be really sweet is if universal extractor could self update, as in being smart enough to know when there is a new version of an internal tool used and ask the user if they wish to update and download the new build and then extract automatically...

I agree that it would be a very nice feature. However, aside from the amount of time it'd take to properly implement and test, I'm reluctant to do this because it can potentially break support for certain filetypes. For example, if a new version of innounp was released that required an additional argument, that new argument has to be hardcoded into UniExtract. Otherwise, UniExtract could no longer open Inno Setup installers, because it wouldn't know how to properly call innounp to do the job.

As far as I can tell, the extraction was successful, so why am I getting this?

It looks like you're running this under Windows 9x. I had to throw some ugly hacks in there to make it semi-functional under that OS, but, really, it was never that reliable to begin with. You just hit one of the bugs that I was never able to fully work out. Unfortunately, there isn't really anything that you can do about it.

herbalist

herbalist

paranoid independent

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 726 posts
  • Joined 15-December 06
Thanks. That explains it. I guess I could install it on my 2K box. Might give me a reason to use it once in a while.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN