Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

MSFN is made available via donations, subscriptions and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, register and become a site sponsor/subscriber and ads will be disabled automatically. 

Sign in to follow this  
ZaForD

Hyper-V and Port Forwarding

ZaForD    0

Hi Guys,

I've been playing with Hyper-V and I've got a question I'm hoping someone can answer :)

If i have 2x servers [e.g. Web and FTP] running as Virtual Machines, in an Internal Network in Hyper-V.

If I forward ports 80 and 21 to Server2008 can I have it forward/re-direct the ports to the individual servers on the Internal Network ?

Hi Guys,

I've been playing with Hyper-V and I've got a question I'm hoping someone can answer :)

If i have 2x servers [e.g. Web and FTP] running as Virtual Machines, in an Internal Network in Hyper-V.

If I forward ports 80 and 21 to Server2008 can I have it forward/re-direct the ports to the individual servers on the Internal Network ?

You should try datapipe.exe

Br4tt3    0
Hi Guys,

Hi,

Depending on which HW u got, u should try to use VLAN tagging the packets designated for the WWW/FTP IP addresses, then place ur virtual machines running within Hyper-V on the specified VLANs.

ZaForD    0
You should try datapipe.exe
Hi Dexter,

Can't find alot of info on this file, but i'll try it out anyway. ;)

Depending on which HW u got, u should try to use VLAN tagging the packets designated for the WWW/FTP IP addresses, then place ur virtual machines running within Hyper-V on the specified VLANs.
Hi Br4tt3,

I've found a few articles on VLAN tagging [no idots guide unfortunatley :( ]

Haven't seen alot about HW limits, do you have any more info on whether Dell onboard NIC's are OK.

It also works well with hamachi+freeproxy :hello: I also have a DC running on top of hamachi. From freeproxy I make a tunnel between VM -> DC and from DC -> external IP : port