Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Hyper-V and Port Forwarding

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

ZaForD

ZaForD

• PipPip
  • 182 posts
Hi Guys,

I've been playing with Hyper-V and I've got a question I'm hoping someone can answer :)

If i have 2x servers [e.g. Web and FTP] running as Virtual Machines, in an Internal Network in Hyper-V.
If I forward ports 80 and 21 to Server2008 can I have it forward/re-direct the ports to the individual servers on the Internal Network ?

Posted Image
-------------- Posted Image --------------

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

dexter.inside

dexter.inside

reverse engineering guru

• PipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Hi Guys,

I've been playing with Hyper-V and I've got a question I'm hoping someone can answer :)

If i have 2x servers [e.g. Web and FTP] running as Virtual Machines, in an Internal Network in Hyper-V.
If I forward ports 80 and 21 to Server2008 can I have it forward/re-direct the ports to the individual servers on the Internal Network ?

You should try datapipe.exe

Br4tt3

Br4tt3

World famous sausage eater...

• PipPipPipPip
  • 566 posts

Hi Guys,

Hi,

Depending on which HW u got, u should try to use VLAN tagging the packets designated for the WWW/FTP IP addresses, then place ur virtual machines running within Hyper-V on the specified VLANs.
Sponsored by Swedish Meat!
Tha Sausage Eater...

Please read before posting in forums: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375

ZaForD

ZaForD

• PipPip
  • 182 posts

You should try datapipe.exe

Hi Dexter,
Can't find alot of info on this file, but i'll try it out anyway. ;)

Depending on which HW u got, u should try to use VLAN tagging the packets designated for the WWW/FTP IP addresses, then place ur virtual machines running within Hyper-V on the specified VLANs.

Hi Br4tt3,
I've found a few articles on VLAN tagging [no idots guide unfortunatley :( ]
Haven't seen alot about HW limits, do you have any more info on whether Dell onboard NIC's are OK.

Posted Image
-------------- Posted Image --------------

dexter.inside

dexter.inside

reverse engineering guru

• PipPipPip
  • 331 posts
It also works well with hamachi+freeproxy :hello: I also have a DC running on top of hamachi. From freeproxy I make a tunnel between VM -> DC and from DC -> external IP : port

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN