Unattended Creates 2 User Profiles

I put $Docs in my $OEM$ directory with some stuff I wanted put into my default account and I keep getting this (BENDER being my computer name ;) ):

Profiles.png

I'm guessing that this is happening because I'm putting a "Nighted" folder inside $Docs? Because I want something like this with all my stuff already copied over:

Nighted >

________Desktop>

________________Captures

________My Documents >

______________________Scrapbook

______________________Chatlogs

If I put My Documents and Desktop for example into the $Docs folder, do those get copied directly to Nighted as I've already set that as my default profile? I read this really great guide, but it doesn't mention anything related to my problem.

Well, I'm going to try this, so maybe I'll answer my own question!

Thanks for any help.

I'm guessing that this is happening because I'm putting a "Nighted" folder inside $Docs?

Yes. Because the install creates a new user and the directory already exists, it creates one with an other name. I don't know what can be any use for that $Docs folder.

Yeah, I don't get it either....seems useless....unless there's something like $user that you could use.

I've managed a workaround by creating a silent self-extracting WinRAR archive (still, I shouldn't have to do this).

Path=%userprofile%

Silent=1

Overwrite=2

Now I can easily load anything into My Document, Startup, Application Data and Desktop. :thumbup

• 2 weeks later...
Yeah, I don't get it either....seems useless....unless there's something like $user that you could use.

I've managed a workaround by creating a silent self-extracting WinRAR archive (still, I shouldn't have to do this).

Path=%userprofile%

Silent=1

Overwrite=2

Now I can easily load anything into My Document, Startup, Application Data and Desktop. :thumbup

Hello very new to the forums but love all that i have seen, i like the idea of your work around but i dont really understand how you would implemet it? are you saying use a folder in the $oem$ folders called %userprofile%? what method do you use to deploy the archive? and at what point? sorry for all the questions as you can tell a nOOB at this :) it would be help full if you could show me you folder layout and the cmd file you used :)

thanks in advance