ATI Catalyst Drivers

Whiestler

I am confused about this whole ATI catalyst drivers integration thing. To get my ATI card to work i first need to install the Sothbridge driver. How do I do this. I am new to all this. Can I back up the drivers for my Video Card in my current XP setup using any driver backup software and integrate those.

1.8 GHz 64-bit AMD Turion 64 X2 TL-56 processor, 200 GB hard drive, 1 GB RAM, ATI Radeon X1200 graphics card

I am confused about this whole ATI catalyst drivers integration thing. To get my ATI card to work i first need to install the Sothbridge driver. How do I do this. I am new to all this. Can I back up the drivers for my Video Card in my current XP setup using any driver backup software and integrate those.

Run the installer and stop after extraction. I removed the next folders from extraction folder:

C:\ATI\SUPPORT\8-2_xp32_dd_ccc_wdm_enu_58128\Qube

C:\ATI\SUPPORT\8-2_xp32_dd_ccc_wdm_enu_58128\Driver\CatalystRegistration

C:\ATI\SUPPORT\8-2_xp32_dd_ccc_wdm_enu_58128\Driver\CCC

C:\ATI\SUPPORT\8-2_xp32_dd_ccc_wdm_enu_58128\Driver\SBDrv

C:\ATI\SUPPORT\8-2_xp32_dd_ccc_wdm_enu_58128\Driver\steam

C:\ATI\SUPPORT\8-2_xp32_dd_ccc_wdm_enu_58128\Driver\SteamShortcut

C:\ATI\SUPPORT\8-2_xp32_dd_ccc_wdm_enu_58128\Driver\vc8

Repack just the content of C:\ATI\SUPPORT\8-2_xp32_dd_ccc_wdm_enu_58128\Driver folder

and run with Setup.exe /k

Don't delete C:\ATI\SUPPORT\8-2_xp32_dd_ccc_wdm_enu_58128\Driver\SBDrv folder if you need

the Sothbridge driver.

Edited by radix

radic,

I am also interested in integrating Catalyst drivers (XP x64). I understand the part about stopping an install as soon as the extraction is complete (can I just use 7-Zip to extract?). But, I don't understand why you are removing the list of files you gave and what you mean by running setup.exe /k (what does the /k do?).

I haven't tried to extract the 8.2 drivers using 7-Zip but I did try 7.4 and got many messages about duplicate files and did I want to replace them.

Why are the South Bridge drivers in the 8.2 package? Has AMD packaged Catalyst and SB drivers together?

Thanks much...............John

Edited by johnhc

radic,

I am also interested in integrating Catalyst drivers (XP x64). I understand the part about stopping an install as soon as the extraction is complete (can I just use 7-Zip to extract?). But, I don't understand why you are removing the list of files you gave and what you mean by running setup.exe /k (what does the /k do?).

I haven't tried to extract the 8.2 drivers using 7-Zip but I did try 7.4 and got many messages about duplicate files and did I want to replace them.

Why are the South Bridge drivers in the 8.2 package? Has AMD packaged Catalyst and SB drivers together?

Thanks much...............John

Hi

I left in my installer just display driver and wdm driver. The rest is completly unusable for me.

Try to extract from installer itself. Else don't work.

setup.exe /k is used for silent install.

radix,

Thanks much for your reply. I tried extracting (using 7-Zip) the 8.2 drivers and got many messages about duplicated files. The files were always a different size and created on a different date. I guess the extraction during setup knows how to deal with these. Since I am not going to install these drivers on a running system, I would not need to package or execute setup.exe - correct?. I will want to use nLite to integrate them into an .iso. See any problems in doing so?

Thanks again and sorry for misspelling your name on my previous post.........John

I have successfully integrated the Catalyst 8.2 drivers into XP x64 using nLite. I have not tested the image because I do not yet have the hardware it is intended for.

Here is what I did:

I ran the ATI setup until the extraction was complete then canceled it. A search (Start-Search) was done for *.inf in the

C:\ATI\SUPPORT\8-2_xp64_dd_ccc_enu_58129 directory. Eight files were found and I used all (probably bloated) of them in the Drivers page of nLite.

The integration was executed and completed with no problems/error messages.

Before I started this process, I created a System Restore point in case something went awry. During the running of the setup, I got several messages from my firewall (Comodo) that ATI was trying to alter protected keys in my Registry (allowed). At the end of the process, I did a System Restore to the point I created at the start. The files created in the setup procedure will be lost in the restore so they should be placed in a safe place. The Desktop is not safe because it is restored by System Restore.

Please let me know if you have any recommendations or comments.

Thanks...............John