Vista - Second start

worholn

Hello everyone!

So this is basically what I wanted to ask you.. Could someone make a hack / patch or whatsoever that would enable the start button to be on the right side (screen) instead of the left side on taskbar.. something like to revers positioning on it so the clock and sound icons etc. would be on left instead of the right side as it is now.

Thank you :)

- I need it for my Windows Vista SP1 RTM thnx.

Edited by worholn

Hello everyone!

So this is basically what I wanted to ask you.. Could someone make a hack / patch or whatsoever that would enable the start button to be on the right side (screen) instead of the left side on taskbar.. something like to revers positioning on it so the clock and sound icons etc. would be on left instead of the right side as it is now.

Thank you :)

- I need it for my Windows Vista SP1 RTM thnx.

Though I'm not entirely sure how to do it myself, I will say that I'm 99% sure that you'd need two tools: 1: Regedit (hopefully you know how to use that already) and 2: ResHack. Just google for ResHack, you'll find it, and it's a free program. My guess is, you'd need to locate and modify a dll in Vista that contains the pictures for the start menu, as well as positions for the buttons. Though ResHack might be enough on its own, one never knows. Any code that needs changed that ResHack can't handle should be able to be done through Regedit.

The downside to all this: It would take a significant amount of time to locate such files, as the contents of windows dll's are rarely indicated by their name, not to mention it would be easy to mess up your Vista installation and be forced to reinstall. But, if you are willing to take that risk, go right ahead.

B)