.net and directX in post SP2

I have really mess in this, so i asking here (after searching forums btw :) )

do i need to install directX after SP2? I installing some new redist nov2007, but i don't know if dx9 is integrated in sp2 and if i can install only some small update for it

do i need to install .net 1.0 + .net 1.0 sp3 or is it integrated in SP2?

DirectX 9 is included with Windows XP with Service Pack 2. The November redistributable is simply an update which certain games and programs require. Windows XP with Service Pack 2 does not include any version of Microsoft .NET Framework. It depends on the other applications which you install, which version of Microsoft .NET Framework you need. If you want to be on the safe side and choose to install all versions of Microsoft .NET Framework, you will need to install Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 SP1 and Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5. This last mentioned version contains version 3.5, 3.0 SP1 and 2.0 SP1, but does not include Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 SP1.

Well, i need to say that i mostly wonder about framework 1.0 . I want my XP to support most applications, so ... is 1.1 backwards compatibile to 1.0 or something?

Sorry for me being stupid :))

Edited by Lolita

Well, i need to say that i mostly wonder about framework 1.0 . I want my XP to support most applications, so ... is 1.1 backwards compatibile to 1.0 or something?

As I already wrote: "If you want to be on the safe side and choose to install all versions of Microsoft .NET Framework, you will need to install Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 SP1 and Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5." In other words, version 1.1 SP1 replaces any previous 1.x version.

If you want to be on the safe side and choose to install all versions of Microsoft .NET Framework, you will need to install Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 SP1 and Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5. This last mentioned version contains version 3.5, 3.0 SP1 and 2.0 SP1, but does not include Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 SP1.

3.5 includes .NET 2 as well?

I'll have to check that out. Cheers :)

If you want to be on the safe side and choose to install all versions of Microsoft .NET Framework, you will need to install Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 SP1 and Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5. This last mentioned version contains version 3.5, 3.0 SP1 and 2.0 SP1, but does not include Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 SP1.

3.5 includes .NET 2 as well?

I'll have to check that out. Cheers :)

Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 contains both version 3.0 SP1 and 2.0 SP1. It does not contain Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 SP1.

BTW i tried to slim down 3.5 installation (cut off x64 and vista stuff), but then i got many "updates" to dot net 2 and 3

dotnetjc1.th.jpg

if i install it separtly will it be calener then when installing from dot net 3.5?

One more thing i can't understand is that .net 3.5 (with 3.0 and 2.0) don't install via cmdlines.txt (no fail or anything, installations runs till end), but it install withouth problem frome same file after installation is done (and probably via runonceex too).

installation log: http://pastebin.ca/932449

Edited by Lolita

BTW do you know some tool that has gui like runonceex and runs in cmdlines.txt?

I know it is totally offtopic here, but i don't want to mess forum with more and more of my questions ...