nLite 1.4.9.1 - Honey Turbo 9.1

nuhi

[request]

Nuhi, can you split up the 'sound drivers' selection so that there are actually two parts.

One to delete/keep actual sound hardware drivers.

One to delete/keep DirectSound drivers.

Or maybe have a look at a DirectX compatibility button that would force-keep all Direct X, DirectSOund, Direct3D stuff in place.

I'm having some weirdness with VMWare and VirtualBox and it looks to be in the area of DirectSound drivers being available (or not).

It could be that my understanding of DirectSound and it's relationship to heardware drivers and DirectX is faulty too.

thanks!

Edited by newsposter

Here's an odd one. I noticed the size of my merged driver.cab file for SP2 in Nlite 1.4.1 is 60,970,848 bytes (58.1 MB). With 1.4.5 beta2 that shoots up to 65,520,766 bytes (62.4 MB). The contents of both CAB files are identical, it just doesn't seem to be compressing them as well.

I'm using the same exact .INI file for both runs. Maybe the "High Compression" option isn't being passed to the CAB compressor in the beta? I probably wouldn't have noticed except my resulting CD only has about 1 meg to spare and this chews up 3 meg.

Thanks for a great tool!

while on the subject of adding features, there is one thing: is it possible that the TMP and TEMP directories of the environment variables could be "System Variales" and not "User Variables" ? because the setting does not change %TEMP% and %TMP% of the system only the user's

Here's an odd one. I noticed the size of my merged driver.cab file for SP2 in Nlite 1.4.1 is 60,970,848 bytes (58.1 MB). With 1.4.5 beta2 that shoots up to 65,520,766 bytes (62.4 MB). The contents of both CAB files are identical, it just doesn't seem to be compressing them as well.

I'm using the same exact .INI file for both runs. Maybe the "High Compression" option isn't being passed to the CAB compressor in the beta? I probably wouldn't have noticed except my resulting CD only has about 1 meg to spare and this chews up 3 meg.

Thanks for a great tool!

I can confirm that in beta 1 cabed driver.cab was also bigger than in 1.4.1

Didn't have chance to check beta2 - I will do it tomorrow probably and report.

Nuhi, I really like your tool :thumbup

I don't know if this already has been discussed, but is there a way to Disable Driver Signing as a tweak?

Currently I use a VBS script to automaticly go to sysdm.cpl and pushing the buttons to disable it (with sleep commands to wait for the windows to pop up). But unfortunately on slow or heavy loaded systems it doens't work properly :(

Maybe if you have the time, you can add this to nLite?

Hi Nuhi!

I'm still experiencing problem when I'm integrating KB888111 (HD audio support). In version 1.4.1 there was no problem with it.

Have a nice day!

Peti

Strange...I've noticed that I can not apply KB888111 only after integrating SP3. However, KB835221 does integrate just fine and my audio seems to work exactly the same as with KB888111.

I'm still experiencing problem when I'm integrating KB888111 (HD audio support). In version 1.4.1 there was no problem with it.

Might I ask where you downloaded KB888111?

The easiest way is download the Realtek HD Audio System Software (e.g. from www.free-codecs.com), and extract it. In it you can find the necessary file.

Hi Nuhi!

Have a nice day!

Peti

Strange...I've noticed that I can not apply KB888111 only after integrating SP3. However, KB835221 does integrate just fine and my audio seems to work exactly the same as with KB888111.

Thanks, I will try it today!

While "running the process," I got the old Pure Virtual Function error. I'm using an integrated .net framework pack.

I installed these addons in this order:

- RVM 2.2.1

- DX 9.0 November

- .NET Framework All-in-One 11.2.3.35

- NTFS Link 2.1

- Spybot 1.5.2

- WinRAR 3.71

- Aero 2 Cursors

- ToolTipFixer

- Custom Wallpapers

- HashTab 2.0.8

- Onepiece IE7 2.0.4

EDIT:

I just tried again using the same settings and this time everything worked without problems.

Edited by EneergE

I got this strange problem where nlite mis-identifies my source OS.i copied my xp sp2 to hdd, slipstreamed sp3 with nlite.Did some digging around,tried including media centre files so that my xp-sp3 pro registers itself as MCE...that is, it automatically installs media centre stuff as an original MCE would do. From where does nlite read the product name, version and service pack number from? coz now, my source is identified by nlite as windows XP Professional (Media Centre v3.0), but strangely...the service pack info changed to SP2...wierd!!!

I checked all the *.inf in the i386 folders...proper entries for all SP3 files were seen. I tried changing the SP info from dosnet or layout (forgot which one) from 3 to 3.0.

but stubbornly, the service pack info wont be detected as 3 by nlite!!!

Tried and verified all the proper files win51ic,win51ic.sp2,win51ic.sp3, were present at the proper position ie '/' Removing the .sp3 one changed the info to Windows Xp Professional (media centre v3.0) but sp still gets read as 2.

Tried changing the line

product="Windows XP Professional"

found near where they mention the tagfiles win51ip and disc names in layout.inf, as well as TXTSETUP.SIF to

product="Windows Media eXPerience Custom Edition"

also changed the cd name and tried using my own tagfiles...prince,prince.sp1,prince.sp2,prince.sp3 etc. etc. Well...it works.

Now nlite identifies my source as

"Windows Media eXPerience Custom Edition" and the default boot.ini created when clean installing XP now displays the OS as *****="Windows Media eXPerience Custom Edition" /fast***** and not Microsoft Windows Xp Professional.

But stubbornly, the (Media Centre v3.0) thing still remained.I changed that too from medctroc.inf that takes care of MCE components instal.I dont know where this inf is supposed to be put, so i put it both in i386 and in cmpnents/mediactr/i386.so if someone could tell me that.

i also think i accedentally changed something, for now the service pack reads as SP2.7...

this one got me thinking.

Could i manually edit that info to my liking? And how to do it so that nlite reads it accordingly?? Tried to retrace everything i had done but couldnt find out how this came to be. So wanted to know.

And also whether it would affect installing of softwre if they too ID the OS as not Windows Xp but something else or as having some non-existant service pack?.

Please nuhi, do reply.I used nlite1.4.5 beta2

must say...i love nlite.

Options of including custom registry tweaks directly,and also integrating installation of softwares (silent or not.doesnt matter) , ,copying of special files (for eg, replacing taskmgr.exe with sysinternals process explorer if you include the processexplorer exe file renamed as taskmgr.exe) and such little things at first logon would be really something to have for making unattended OSs, and also for getting nlite declared as the ultimate tool for slipstreamed, customized OS sources.

torospeter, sp3? That is normal, it has that hottie in already *build 5503 and newer I guess.

EneergE, yeah can't catch that one, too rare, I had it like 3 times in total.

princektd, MS said no SP3 for MCE. If you try installing the MCE after SP3 slipstream, even without configuring anything, it is a total disaster.