nLite 1.4.9.1 - Honey Turbo 9.1

nuhi

Hi nuhi, this is g-force from german-nlite.

Found (after several try-outs) a bug in nLite 1.4.5 beta 2.

Changing the sytemroot from WINDOWS to SYSTEM isn`t possible.

It`s still WINDOWS after XP-installation (and breaks some of my installs & shortcuts).

Tests with other builds of SP3 (last was 5508) made still the same fault.

Test with nLite 1.4.5 beta -> everything works fine.

Hi

I can confirm this. Integrated b5508 into RTM source applied some tweaks, removed components and changed "WINDOWS" to"WINXP" - but it was still WINDOWS.

Changing the "Documents and Settings" path to "Docs" went fine.

Moreover most tweaks did not work...e.g. show known file extensions.

Integrated IE7 and it works but the quicklauch icon of IE and the show desktop is gone, this is the first time since many installs.

setuperr.log is empty, this was the ini -> LETZTE_SESSION.INI

I have also found our, please do not integrate WMP11 x64 into your nlited WinXP x64 installer disk as windows setup does not like it. :thumbdown I must say after finding that one out Nlite 1.4.5 beta 2 did a brilliant job.

BTW. Its also not recommend to add any IE7 patches to the installer as the install hates those too. :thumbdown

g-force gn, please redownload beta 2 from nLite site, maybe you downloaded it before this fix or the site from where you got it was fast on the trigger:

http://www.msfn.org/board/minimum-space-re...659#entry746659

Tell them to update.

scorpi.dragon, be sure to add hotfixes after the apps themselves. For example IE7 and WMP11 on the top and below them hotfixes sorted by build date.

g-force gn, please redownload beta 2 from nLite site, maybe you downloaded it before this fix or the site from where you got it was fast on the trigger:

http://www.msfn.org/board/minimum-space-re...659#entry746659

Tell them to update.

scorpi.dragon, be sure to add hotfixes after the apps themselves. For example IE7 and WMP11 on the top and below them hotfixes sorted by build date.

What I did first was to create a new WinXP x64 SP2 DVD (with IE7 + WMP11 + WMP11 updates) and at the same time i turned it into an unattended boot disk as well. :thumbup That one worked a treat. :D

After that, I rebooted my PC and used nLite to copy my new updated DVD to my HDD, i then added WinXP x64 hotfixes plus some other addons and then modded WinXP. Burned it to DVD and now all is ok. :thumbup

nuhi, after update to last version (silent-update) all problems solved, i think.

maybe some of the tweaks don`t work proper, but i don`t mind `cause i do so much regtweaks...

thanks also from whole crew and users of german-nlite! :wub:

g-force

Edited by g-force gn

I have discovered the WMP11 slipstreamer only installed the 32-bit version of WMP11 and not the 64-bit version. :thumbdown Both 32-bit and 64-bit versions have to be installed and that explains why there were no hotfixes for WMP11 x64. I had to install them both (WMP11 x64 & hotfixes) manually in-order to fix an error with WinXP x64. Otherwise nLite 1.4.5 Beta 2 worked a treat! :thumbup

I have discovered the WMP11 slipstreamer only installed the 32-bit version of WMP11 and not the 64-bit version. :thumbdown Both 32-bit and 64-bit versions have to be installed and that explains why there were no hotfixes for WMP11 x64. I had to install them both (WMP11 x64 & hotfixes) manually in-order to fix an error with WinXP x64. Otherwise nLite 1.4.5 Beta 2 worked a treat! :thumbup

first of all wmp slipstreamer doesnt install anything...it slipstream wmp 11 into windows cd.

wmp slipstreamer works both with x32 and x64 versions of wmp11. also hotfix listed on the site have both version for x32 and x64 wmp 11.

final u are not coherent at all....... :blink:

Edited by boooggy

Using 4.5 beta 2 (downloaded today).

Slipstreamed SP3 b5508 EN into SP2 source. No further updates/hotfixes.

Beta 2 has an issue when adding extra WinXP themes

Some kinda problem here, too. When loading an .INI created by nLite v1.4.1, the themes were displayed as being added, but I was unable to choose a default theme in nLite. Removing them caused an error message. After the themes were "re-added" and Windows was installed, no theme in the list that came after the one I chose as default in nLite was available in the dropdown list within Windows (although they were copied).

1a.

A file called $$!!$$!!.~~~ is present in %WinDir%\Resources\Themes (it's actually the My Theme(nL).theme file). I must include the remark that I'm trying to overwrite the file My Theme (nL).theme with one in $OEM%\$$\Resources\Themes.

After installation, the workgroup was set to 'WORKGROUP', where it should've been 'GUILLAUME' as specified in nLite.

[edit] That's odd, it doesn't work in nLite 1.4.1 with a SP2 source either. Is it not allowed to have the same ('Guillaume') for username, organization and/or workgroup?

Uniterruptable Power Supply tab is shown in Energy properties, even though the component is removed.

Edited by Guillaume

[Edit] I've discovered WMP11 slipstreamer only installs 32-bit version of WMP11 and not 64-bit version. :thumbdown Only 64-bit version has to be installed and that explains why there were no WMP11 x64 hotfixes either. I had to install them both (WMP11 x64 & hotfixes) manually in-order to fix an error with WinXP x64. Otherwise nLite 1.4.5 Beta 2 worked a treat! :thumbup

Nuhi's Beta 2 patch worked a charm :thumbup and it would have been better to use WMP11 slipstreamer before nLite so that WMP11 x64 (inc. hotfixes) are fully integrated into my WinXPx64 disk and now all is ok! :rolleyes: Not one single error with my WinXPx64 installation disk either! :thumbup :thumbup

Edited by scorpi.dragon