vista crashes

Harry_O

My computer keeps crashing every time when I play Warcraft III or Heroes III. After 10 to 30 minutes of play time my pc gets disruptive shutdown. Both games don't have great graphic or memory requirements and with a laptop like mine I can not understand where is the problem! I have HP pavilion with intel's core duo and 2GB of ram, geforce Go 7600. It's running under Vista Home Premium x64. This problem occurred just recently. I've used to play without having any problems. I even restored my computer to its factory settings and still this thing keeps freaking me out. :angry: I can't play normal anymore. If someone can help me, please do.

Thank you in advance!

You really have posted in the wrong area? :} But have you changed anything or settings recently? Have you applied service pack 1?

I'm sorry man, but I'm newb inhere and I haven't checked out the whole discussion area. And no, I haven't applied it yet, should I do it?

Thx.

Maybe there is processor overheat. Check your temperature.

Cheers ;)

mara- Cheers pal :),

but ah, can you tell me what can I do if it is really something with overheating of the processors?

Thx.

Laptop or Desktop? If laptop then make sure the cooling fans are still working, same with desktop. If Laptop and fans are working make sure your not blocking the slots that let the air into the laptop, like maybe if you have your laptop on your lap, or a pillow, or anything not hard and flat so air can get into the the laptop.

It certainly wouldn't hurt.

Can you provide me with a link to some information about applying SP1.

And do you think that reinstalling the power management and ACPI Fixed Features button can help me with my problem.

I've also updated the display driver and BIOS.

And do you think that reinstalling the power management and ACPI Fixed Features button can help me with my problem.

what kind of video card are you running? won't need Sp1 to run war 3. what is the configuration of your computer? (ram, cpu speed, HD, video card, etc) have you update war 3 all the way?

what kind of video card are you running? won't need Sp1 to run war 3. what is the configuration of your computer? (ram, cpu speed, HD, video card, etc) have you update war 3 all the way?

HP Pavilion dv9207us 2GB intel core duo 2 x 1.75ghz 160HD, Geforce Go 7600

and yeah, my war3 is up to date because I play on battlenet :)