HFSLIP64 v1.1.5 released

Tomcat76

Installing as we speak. TXTMODE setup still complains about triedit.dll and ie8props.propdesc.

gfxsetup finished ok, no errors.

Now I'll check what MU wants.

Edited by jvidal

No need to test I. It's the same as H but the ::'s were replaced with REMs.

And yes, you'll have errors with the triedit and the ieprops. I'll tackle that next. I know what to do, but it's tricky to test.

Whew!

I'm trying to see what the 974112 hotfix does and what files WU wants to see and how to get the right files in the right place. The prob is that the extracted hotfix has only the wstrmdll.dll & not the strmdll.dll, but WU seems to want 2 files.

a) Please post your svcpack\hfslip.cmd file... and while I dissect it, try B, C and D.

B) In the sources folder, look for the wstrmdll.dll and strmdll.dll files. You may need to extract them. See if they are version 4.1.0.3938. They probably aren't. Rename the sourcess to sourcess1 (we'll use this later).

c) Remove this line.. MOVE WORK\CDROOT\%FLD64%\strmdll.dll WORK\CDROOT\I386\wstrmdll.dll >NUL save and run the script. Extract the wstrmdll.dll and strmdll.dll and see if they are version 4.1.3938. If they are the same, then install the image. If not, rename this sourcess to sourcess2.

d) Go back to sourcess1, rename it to sourcess. Extract the KB974112 hotfix (I use a cmd prompt with a /x switch). Navigate to the sp2qfe folder and rename the file there from wstrmdll.dll to wstrmdll.dl_. Make a copy of the wstrmdll.dl_ and call it strmdll.dl_. Place both files into the sourcess. Run the script and type in MAKEISO (instead of i have read...) to make an iso to install onto a VM.

e) If you are testing a VM iso image, prior to making an ISO, open txtsetup.sif. Locate line ie8props.propdesc = 1,,,,,,,2,0,0, and delete it. Run the script, but type makeiso instread of i have read... to make an ISO. See if IE8 works properly on the VM. I'm not sure what the file does.

Edited by tommyp

wait, that's a lot to digest!

I already posted hfslip.cmd, look in the post immediately before yours.

you mean in the sourceSS folder look for wstrmdll and strmdll, right?

Alright, there's only wstrmdll.dll in sourcess, no strmdll.dll

you can find it twice, in AMD64 (v4.10.3938) and in I386 (v4.10.3936).

I commented the line out, now I'm running the script again.

slipstreaming done. strmdll.dl_ v4.10.3936 is located in AMD64. wstrmdll.dl_ v4.10.3938 located in I386.

So I guess I shouldn't install and move on to phase D.

Anyway, for step D, where do I put the files? in AMD64? in I386? in both? which one in which folder?

Ok, I took a guess. I renamed the files to (.dl_) although they're not compressed. Then I copied strmdll.dl_ to AMD64 and wstrm.dl_ to I386.

I'll make the ISO. I'll remove the ieprops line before that, though.

Ok, all done, running the script again (with the ie8props line removed and the strmdll files copied), but using the previously-created sourcess1 (renamed to sourcess) and the MAKEISO parameter.

All done, I will install now.

Edited by jvidal

We're getting close, tommy.

Setup went almost fine, except for the triedit.dll issue.

After first boot, MU now only wants the MRT. doesn't want 951376 or 974112.

great work!

And thanks for the patience.

Now, I'll just wait for your instructions.

Ok, I think we're getting there. Let's tackle automating the 974112 hotfix next. Try this.. using that modded H (the one with the line removed), run the script as-is and install the ISO. You'll see triedit and ie8props copy errors. See if WU reports that 9741112 is installed. Next, extract the 890830 and place the mrt.exe file into windows\system32. See what WU reports. Next, for something interesting, delete the system32\mrt.exe file and create a new text document in system32 called mrt.exe. See what WU reports. Save the VM if you can....

If WU says that 974112 isn't installed, then open the script up and locate this: TP_F special fix for KB951376. Just before that line, add this:

REN WORK\CDROOT\%FLD64%\wstrmdll.dll strmdll.dll >NUL

COPY\Y WORK\CDROOT\%FLD64%\strmdll.dll WORK\CDROOT\I386\wstrmdll.dll >NUL

Save the script and run it. When run, you'll get the ie8props and triedit copy errors again. See what WU reports. Save the VM if you can...

Let me know how far you get.

Alright, I'll do that and get back to you.

OK, step 1 complete.Here are the results:

triedit and ie8props copy errors, as usual.

Visited MU and it wants MRT only.

next, I extracted mrt.exe to system32 and re-visited MU. MU was complete happy, nothing needed.

Deleted MRT and re-visited MU, MU wanted it again.

Then, I replaced MRT.exe with a bogus text renamed to mrt.exe, and revisited MU, MU still wanted MRT, you can't foolt MU that easily.

I think something changed, last time I installed with an iso built with this script, MU wanted 974112, I don't know what happened.

I guess step 2 is not needed.

Edited by jvidal

jvidal - Can you do me a favor? Can copy the triedit.dl_ from source and place it into your latest and greatest sourcess folder. Make the iso and see if you get the triedit.dll copy error. No need to install, just do the txt mode copy portion.

After that, extract the MRT hotfix and place the MRT into HF. Run the new beta I (attached). Hope this does the trick and doesn't fart out this time. If all is cool, you'll just see a triedit.dll copy error. WU should report all is installed.

Just a little FYI, I'm not too familiar with x64, so the folder structure is strange to me. I guess with anything new it would be strange. So I had to take a stab at what I thought was right. Namely, placement of the mrt.exe file via txtsetup.sif. I had the option of one of two places. Hopefully I chose the right one.

Edited by tommyp

Ok, but I have to rebuild, I did a little cleaning...

I'll put triedit.dl_ in sourcess\AMD64 (it's originally in source\AMD64).

then I'll run with MAKEISO instead of I have read...

The issue here is why triedit.dl_ is not being copied to sourcess (updated from the hotfix or the original)

Wait, I just noticed something, right after recompressing driver.cab, the script deletes a lot of "obsolete binaries", one of them being "triedit.dl*", it makes sure to delete triedit.dll as well as triedit.dl_. So, it deletes them, but doesn't copy the updated one from kb956844.

Edited by jvidal

Ok, tested it, only ie8props.propdesc error.

Now, I'll test with mrt.exe in hf, but without triedit.dl_, using the latest beta (which should be J, btw,. we already had beta I).

I should get the triedit error and possibly ie8props. Let's see what happens with MU.

c ya in a while!

Tested it. Triedit.dll error is still there (as you predicted)

Nothing else during setup, everything else went fine.

But, after windows was installed, MU still wanted MRT, it seems you haven't nailed that one yet...

So, I'll just wait for the next beta.

bye!

Can you manually move mrt.ex_ from i386 folder to the amd64 folder and then open txtsetup.sif (its in amd64). Change the mrt.exe = blahblahblah to

mrt.exe = 1,,,,,,,2,0,0

Make the iso and retest. If you see any errors other than triedit.dll, let me know.

All the folders for x64 is a bit confusing and I'm trying to figure the nitty gritty with x64's txtsetup.sif. It's a little different than x86 machines.

Edited by tommyp