HFSLIP64 v1.1.5 released

Tomcat76

Why do most of the hotfixes have to be put into NOREG subfolder ?

They don't have to be, as Tomcat76's list is just an example...

The 'HF\NOREG' and 'HF\BASIC' subfolders are an optional advanced feature for Type 1 updates.

They are meant for updates which dosen't need any post-setup commands or reg-entries from their INF files(HF\NOREG), or who dosen't need any post-setup commands and only an identifier reg-key from their INF files(HF\BASIC).

HFSLIP has hardcoded support for some of the updates which needs more reg-entries, than just the identifier reg-key...

More info here :

http://www.msfn.org/board/Experimenting-fe...er-t100448.html

I get an error using windows update complaining about invalid authenticode. Then when I hit install and try to scan for updates, It says windows update error. Same updates listed in your list.
Try the latest test release. Please show me the HFSLIP.LOG if you still have the problem.

I'm getting the problem with Microsoft Update too, but haven't been able to find out why yet. It could be because I'm not nuking AU.INF as with HFSLIP for 32-bit Windowses.

In the mean time, though, you can get around it by logging off and logging back in. That does the trick for me.

I suppose you mean "Programs" folder. I have it, using both the standard and the classic Start Menu.

Disregard the no programs folder showing up. Resolution messed it up. Log off and log back on didnt fix the windows update error. The first message that comes up says invalid parameter authenticode. Want a screen shot ?

Yeah, I'd like a screenshot.

I don't know why exactly, but my problem with Microsoft Update seems to be fixed.

XP x64 + updates shown in first post == MU doesn't work after first GUI logon

XP x64 + updates shown in first post + time zone plugin == MU doesn't work after first GUI logon

XP x64 + updates shown in first post + time zone plugin + SWFLASH plugin + no GDIDetectionTool edit == MU works

I have tried twice (full format and reinstall) with the latest setup and everything works for me now. Don't know what triggered it.

OK. This release (80322b) should be OK to work with. Server 2003 is quite a PITB... :)

I have tested both Windows Update and Microsoft Update with XP SP2 and Server 2003 SP2 and everything comes out clean (considering what's supported).

The real bug hunting can begin... :)

After rerunning xp x64 with the release just before the one you just posted, a lot of things are missing like internet explorer. The folder is in program files but its empty. Same for media player. Im going to re do it just to make sure nothing was corrupt. This is also on a different machine using VMware 6.0.

I never had the problem you're just mentioning and I'm also using VMware 6.0.

Make sure you got the latest plugins (if you're using any).

Did you see any error messages during Windows setup?

Does C:\WINDOWS\setuperr.log show anything post installation?