HFSLIP64 v1.1.5 released

Tomcat76

OK... I can see why that's happening. HFSLIP64 sets the value to "21" in the beginning, and then HFANSWER.INI is polled but the default HFANSWER.INI I had online (v1 and v2) blanks it out again. Please set the value to 21 (or any value between 10 and 21) in HFANSWER.INI or grab v3 of the default HFANSWER.INI.

I'm in the process of improving the code that handles DRIVER.CAB and SPX.CAB a bit. I'll also try to find a way to work around the problem you're having should the user have manually entered an invalid value.

Maybe stupid quiestion... but are updates in another languages supported as well? (like spanish ones... for example). With english files, all works perfectly.

And, you know if XPIZE would be supported in the future? Would be MUI too?

Thanks for this script Tomcat76

Edited by XibaD

Languages at this point are a bit of a mystery to me. Windows XP x64 and Server 2003 x64 only exist in English and Japanese. Service Pack 2 is supposed to "add support" for 9 other languages, but only for Server 2003 and I haven't figured out yet how that works. The only thing MS have to say on it is this:

"Service Pack 2 contains 9 new localized language support for Windows Server 2003 x64 SKUs. Without SP2, Windows Server 2003 only supports English and Japanese. New languages for Windows Server 2003 x64 include German, French, Korean, Chinese Traditional, Chinese Simplified, Spanish, Italian, Russian and, Portuguese (Brazilian). These language packs are not available for Windows XP Professional x64 Edition which will continue to be supported in only English and Japanese."

That's all the relevant information I could find.

You could try setting LCIDD=3082 (for Spanish) in HFANSWER.INI but the outcome of that is unverified.

I have no plans for XPIZE, and MUI isn't planned for now (at least not for 1.0, which is scheduled for Tuesday or Wednesday).

Well I tried all spanish versions of the update list of the first post (at least the updates which have spanish version) and I get multiple errors. One in text mode (wpdshxr.dll file missing...) and user32.dll registering errors in graphic installation.

XP 64 version I have is english one, but with MUI you can translate to another language. And then the downloaded updates are in your languages. I think I'm staying with english version for now, or at least try to slipstream IE7 in my language, to see if it works...

Thanks Tomcat76

EDIT

Ok, with IE7 spanish (& updates) and all the remaininig updates in english, the same wpdshxr.dll error appears. It seems that at this point the script doesn't handle multilanguage IE7 files quite well. Am I wrong?

EDIT2

The result is that if IE7 is in another language different than english, is NOT slipstreamed.

Edited by XibaD

I'm trying to find out my problem. I slipstreamed IE7, the new TZ update, and WMP11 with the microsoft update cabs. I received errors. I don't know if its because I have IE7 with the microsoft update cabs or the new TZ update but im testing.

Well I tried all spanish versions of the update list of the first post (at least the updates which have spanish version) and I get multiple errors. One in text mode (wpdshxr.dll file missing...) and user32.dll registering errors in graphic installation.
wpdshxr.dll is a temporary name for wpdshextres.dll from WMP11 but there is only an English and a Japanese version of the file inside the WMP11 package. You get the copy error because HFSLIP64 hardcodes an entry for it in TXTSETUP.SIF and DOSNET.INF. So you can't slipstream WMP11 with the enforced LCIDD setting for the moment.

user32.dll comes with WindowsServer2003.WindowsXP-KB925902-x64-xxx.exe. See if removing this update helps.

I'm trying to find out my problem. I slipstreamed IE7, the new TZ update, and WMP11 with the microsoft update cabs. I received errors. I don't know if its because I have IE7 with the microsoft update cabs or the new TZ update but im testing.
That's odd... You said it was fine before. What errors are you receiving?
I'm getting a folder in Program Files(x86) called Windows Media Player[strings] and it has on compressed file inside. Seems out of place to me.
As far as I know, this is correct. A search on the Internet reveils that "Windows Media Player[strings]" is an existing subfolder of the 32-bit Program Files folder. BTW... npds.zip is a Netscape 4 Java plugin that's used for scripted interaction with Windows Media Player 6.4 (LiveConnect).

Ya sorry. Ive never looked at setuplog until this run. It says at the top failed loading a few things but I'm guessing they don't affect anything or something like that. The setuperr.log had nothing in it, so thats what i meant by the run succeeded. Sorry about that.