HFSLIP64 v1.1.5 released

Tomcat76

I think we're getting closer. Let's try to address these 3 missing updates first.

* 951376 - In sourceSS, can you check your driver.cab file to see if bthport.sys is version 5.2.3790.4274? It probably isn't. If it isn't in the cab, please continue reading this bullet. Can you also check the source folder to see if bthport.sys located outside of a CAB file. If it is located outside a cab file, please advise whether or not it is compressed. Also, please advise whether or not you see bthport.sy* or bthport.sys or both. If you see two, you found the prob.

* 974112 - Do me a favor... Let's dissect this one a bit. The file that is a prob is wstrmdll.dll or strmdll.dll. The one inside the hotfix is wstrmdll.dll, but I think it may get renamed on a traditional hotfix installation. On a clean installation of your sourcess folder, please check your windows folder and all subfolders for file wstrmdll.dll or strmdll.dll. Make note of what exact filename you see and version. Next, manually install 974112. After installing the hotfix manually, recheck the files again. Whatever the case is, the version should be 4.1.0.3938. What I need to know is what filename (wstrmdll.dll or strmdll.dll) is listed with a version of 4.1.0.3938, and I need to know the location of the file too.

* 890830 - I found an error with processing of the 890830. This will be fixed in the next iteration.

Last Q for now. Is triedit.dll or triedit.dl_ in the sourcess folder? You mentioned there was a copy error for that, and I'm trying to see where that file came from. Maybe it came from a hotfix?

Boy, it's tough going through someone elses code. Tomcat wrote this and I'm trying to figure it all out. Thanks for bearing with me. My coding is quite a bit rusty.

Edited by tommyp

Thanks, tommy.

Alright, I'll try to follow your steps.

951376:

In the source, the file is located in AMD64\driver.cab, v5.2.3790.1830. In sourceSS it's located in AMD64\driver.cab and it IS v5.2.3790.4274.

There are no bthport.sy* files outside any cab in the source, but in sourceSS, it is located in AMD64 in compressed form (bthport.sy_) and it's v5.2.3790.4274 (after decompressing it).

So I guess there's a problem there, one of the two is unneeded. Maybe txtsetup.sif references bthport.sys, which doesn't exist outside driver.cab, whereas bthport.sy_ does.

974112:

I'll have to get back to you on that one (i have to re-install, i deleted the VM)

Triedit.dll:

in the source There are wtriedit.dl_ (I386) and triedit.dl_ (AMD64).

But, in sourceSS, there's ONLY wtriedit.dl_ (I386).

wtriedit.dll in source\I386 is v6.1.0.9242

Triedit.dll in source\AMD64 is v.6.1.0.9240

wtriedit.dll in sourceSS\I386 is v.6.1.0.9246 (updated!)

I believe that the 32bit dlls get a 'w' placed in front of them.

Oh, BTW triedit.dll and wtriedit.dll get updated in 956844 (both come in the package, with wtriedit.dll inside the "wow" folder).

there are two folders in the update: SP2QFE and SP2GDR, both containing triedit.dll and wtriedit.dll (inside another subfolder called 'wow').

ALL are v. 6.1.0.9246.

Hope this helps you!

it's 5AM, I'm off to bed, I'll continue tomorrow.

Edited by jvidal

5am? Are you nuts? No need to re-run w/beta B and that last question. You can delete beta B.

I released a new beta C, please use this version for testing. I seem to recollect that TC disappeared before IE8 went final, so the IE8 slipstream code was for the beta. So in other words, there was extra files. I commented those extras out, so most of the copy errors will be gone.

The triedit.dll is a bit confusing. Earlier you said that triedit was in sourcess then the post above you said it's not. Please confirm.

The bluetooth stack hotfix, aka the 951376 is a bit tricky. The right file is there, even though there is one too many sys files. See how far you get with the 3 different steps below.

Step 1 - Before visiting WU, see if this part of the registry exists. No need to create it, just see if it's there.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Updates\Windows XP Version 2003\SP3\KB951376\Filelist. Revisit and see if it's applied.

Step 2 - Visit WU and don't install any hotfixes. If WU reports that the 951376 update isn't applied, See if bthport.sys exists anywhere in the windows folder. It should be in the system32\drivers folder. if it's not there, then extract it off the soucess and place it there. Revisit WU and see if it's applied.

Step 3 - If it's still not applied, manually create the above key and then revisit WU to see if it still complains. Basically what we are doing here is this: http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/...n/ms08-030.mspx security update deployment, Windows XP (all editions), and going through the last few things in that table.

974112 - If WU is still reporting this one as not being applied, manually apply the hotfix from the EXE file. Please post the KB974112.log file. It's probably in the windows folder.

We're coming down the homestretch.... I think/hope!

Edited by tommyp

Right, I'll try beta C and get back to you in a little while.

Tommy, it's like I said about triedit.dll. I never said it wasn't there, I just said, that it can not be copied during TXTsetup.

It's exactly as I posted at 5AM, that's the ascenario.

There are other files that are absent, namely the ones that can't be copied during GFXSETUP.

Now, I'm off to test beta C.

thanks!

Tommy, we have a problem. Beta C just closes after processing WMP11, it seems while processing one of the last WMP11 hotfixes.

It just closes, no error messages, nothing.

edit:

It seems I found the problem. just after the media player11 section and right before directx9 extras section, theres a line that only says "goto :EOF"...I believe that's the problem. It doesn't follow an IF statement, just says Goto EOF on a line by itself.

I'll remove it and see what happens.

Too bad it didn't work, now a window popped-up saying that it can not find directx__redist.exe and after closing it. the script clsoed again...

it seems there's a "GOTO :EOF" after every section...

Edited by jvidal

Not sure what happened. To make E, I went back to B and modded it. Go to line 1364...

:: TP MOVE WORK\CDROOT\%FLD64%\strmdll.dll WORK\CDROOT\I386\wstrmdll.dll >NUL

remove the :: TP

Also, test out B again to see if you get the same error.

ooops, sorry, which one should I modify?

b or e? (there are both in the attached zip)

I got confused

nevermind, i did it already.will test in abit. it's line 1424, BTW.

But, I noticed that you're moving files from the 64-bit folder to the 32-bit (wow) folder...just like that?

Edited by jvidal

it seems to be working now! let's keep our fingers crossed.

If it finishes correctly, I"ll install and report right away.

update: it worked, CDimage is created.

Off to install now.

Edited by jvidal