Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Event ID 6

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

Bad boy Warrior

Bad boy Warrior

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 409 posts
  • Joined 03-February 05
I get this message everytime i boot up the server.

Log Name:	  System
Source:		Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Processor-Power
Date:		  18/03/2008 08:04:00
Event ID:	  6
Task Category: None
Level:		 Error
Keywords:	  
User:		  SYSTEM
Computer:	  SERVER.Domain.local
Description:
[b]Some processor performance power management features have been disabled due to a known firmware problem. Check with the computer manufacturer for updated firmware.[/b]
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
  <System>
	<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Processor-Power" Guid="{0f67e49f-fe51-4e9f-b490-6f2948cc6027}" />
	<EventID>6</EventID>
	<Version>0</Version>
	<Level>2</Level>
	<Task>0</Task>
	<Opcode>0</Opcode>
	<Keywords>0x8000000000000000</Keywords>
	<TimeCreated SystemTime="2008-03-18T08:04:00.468Z" />
	<EventRecordID>9115</EventRecordID>
	<Correlation />
	<Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="80" />
	<Channel>System</Channel>
	<Computer>SERVER.Domain.local</Computer>
	<Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />
  </System>
  <EventData>
  </EventData>
</Event>

But i cant tell if theres any performance issue here or not or if something is going bad somewhere. Ive read around but cant find any solution to this. Does anyone have any ideas about this one?

Thanks

Edited by Bad boy Warrior, 18 March 2008 - 03:51 AM.

I say what I do and do what I mean - Heat

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

cluberti

cluberti

Gustatus similis pullus

• Supervisor
  • 11,252 posts
  • Joined 09-September 01

But i cant tell if theres any performance issue here or not or if something is going bad somewhere. Ive read around but cant find any solution to this. Does anyone have any ideas about this one?

According to that event log event, thread 80 in the system process (ProcessID 4) did something (scheduled a DPC, called a power state function, something along those lines) that caused the system to disable (in code) certain power management features that your processor exposes to the OS that it supports, but Windows has determined that attempting these functions will cause system instability or worse, hardware problems.

I would contact the server vendor for microcode updates (if available) for the CPU, and perhaps a BIOS upgrade as well. If there aren't any, perhaps you should have them investigate these issues on their end to see if they can find the potential hardware problem.
MCTS Windows Internals, MCITP Server 2008 EA, MCTS MDT/BDD, MCSE/MCSA Server 2003, Server 2012, Windows 8
--------------------
Please read the rules before posting!
Please consider donating to MSFN to keep it up and running!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users