Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

start up programs

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

colore

colore

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 493 posts
  • Joined 02-June 06
hello

many people often are worried about long start up times of XP and this is often because of too many programs set to start up with XP

is there a way to make some programs start few seconds after XP start up?

this will prevent this common problem and it wont be inconvenient, since most start up programs aren't really meant to work at the time were XP loads

thanks

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

stickfun

stickfun

Hmm...

• Pip
  • 53 posts
  • Joined 17-August 04
What difference would that make? The system will still have to wait for the programs to load up. I suggest you to disable the startup programs you don't need entirely and just run them when you do need them.

colore

colore

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 493 posts
  • Joined 02-June 06
I think the advantage is obvious

there will be no congestion of the start up programs trying to start when XP loads, making the winxp start up more heavy than it already is

you need those programs to always be at hand (at tray) so you need them to start when xp loads, in order to save you starting them manualy or not to have them running in case you forgot to start them manualy

I am not talking about programs like antivirus that it must be started when the OS loads, but some others that you have them sit at tray

thanks

Nuno Brito

Nuno Brito

.script developer

• PipPip
  • 268 posts
  • Joined 11-May 06
Sure there is a way.

Download XYNTservice and use this great program to load up a batch file that will only fire up the startup apps you need after a specified time interval.

I wrote about it here: http://www.boot-land...vice-t3526.html

---

For disabling redundant startup entries do look at hijack free from asquared, very good tool.

:)
WinBuilder - XP/Vista LiveOS projects
nuno? --> pics

Do you really like Windows PE? Then you should really try pe21.003 - http://www.msfn.org/...howtopic=130308
Very cool project.

Redhatcc

Redhatcc

Advanced Member

• 366 posts
  • Joined 27-February 08

For disabling redundant startup entries do look at hijack free from asquared, very good tool.

yea very nice program. shows you alot that you would normally have to dig through and find lol :thumbup

Nuno Brito

Nuno Brito

.script developer

• PipPip
  • 268 posts
  • Joined 11-May 06
Glad you like it.

This is one of my favourite tools to disable malware as well.

The option to remove suspicious services is also very good.

:)
WinBuilder - XP/Vista LiveOS projects
nuno? --> pics

Do you really like Windows PE? Then you should really try pe21.003 - http://www.msfn.org/...howtopic=130308
Very cool project.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users